Who will Des let go ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he wants Foran as badly as it's been made out we will need to let at the very least a handful of players go.

If Des does let Kelly go (hope not) and is really after Foran, he might end up playing him in the centers where he first started. Less work and impact on his body.

Manly " s cap will surely not be able to accommodate both Elgey and Foran . It is possible perhaps but still not sure if Foz at 28 and with his obvious injury prone background in recent seasons , would be able to stage some sort of a renaissance in the durable and injury avoidance area . Presume that it would be something like a 500 k outlay to have him back at Manly , still a fairly considerable cap allocation for a lot of uncertainty . Maybe the same applies to Elgey in the uncertainty aspect but at least he has had a better run with injuries in recent times . Consistent form would be another issue of course . Would be a big call to try and get Foz back , and again would expect some complications with Elgey "s contract then . Elgey would expect some type of decent alternative arrangements elsewhere if he was approached to look else where . Difficult situation in any scenario to try to get Foz back at Manly .

I hope you are joking about Foran in the centres he would be the slowest centre in the NRL.
I agree, but if Des is desperate at having him at Manly and he's too busted to be running at the line, he might opt to put him back at centre...just saying.
I want Kelly to stay. I think he has improved so much and being so young will only get better.

If they are all contracted then someone needs to be willing to pick them up. Perrett could probably get a gig, Kelly definitely could; however, I can’t see Winterstein or Hodkinson having outside interest (unless a Super league team would take them).

I was surprised to see Croker was still at the club, although he has been demoted to a 'development player'.
https://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2018/10/31/sea-eagles-squad-for-2019/

I don't think Des will have much time for him nor Elgey. As mentioned, Perrett and Franky better have one hell of a pre-season.
If Perrett could have the same sort of fitness transformation that Kasiano had at Melbourne then he could be a real weapon. His footwork and offloading ability is tremendous for a prop but his fitness and lack of pace holds him back. Hopefully Donny sorts him out this pre-season.

If Perrett could have the same sort of fitness transformation that Kasiano had at Melbourne then he could be a real weapon. His footwork and offloading ability is tremendous for a prop but his fitness and lack of pace holds him back. Hopefully Donny sorts him out this pre-season.

Not sure that is the best example... Kasiano got 20kg lighter but was actually worse at Melbourne this year. He couldn't crack their NRL squad by season's end.

But I'm sure that Donny will have our team under no illusion that they will shape up for a 26+ game season or be playing reserves for Blacktown instead.

Not sure that is the best example... Kasiano got 20kg lighter but was actually worse at Melbourne this year. He couldn't crack their NRL squad by season's end.

But I'm sure that Donny will have our team under no illusion that they will shape up for a 26+ game season or be playing reserves for Blacktown instead.
Yeah, he did go backwards but I'd say it's more so because Kasiano lost the power that made him a weapon at the dogs. Perrett doesn't have power to rely on to start with, hence the added fitness would really help him lean out and gain a bit more impact.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10