Who wants to bet that . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
. . . gambling is playing a much more sinister role in our beloved sport than we realise? The issue was raised on the now defunct club forum a couple of seasons ago as being one to watch.
I blame the NRL and the government for selling out to gambling bodies and ligitimising gambling on sport in order to rake off revenue, then the media for glamorising it. Every day a gambling representative is interviewed about the latest odds, the exotic bets etc and they are now media personalities. Every paper has large sections devoted to NRL gambling.
When we see the wrong decisions being made by video refs, in particular, the spectre of gambling must be considered. This latest controversy has a definite smell about it. Stand by for more revelations.
I think there are plenty of gambling options without having to include RL; horses, trots, greyhounds are solely there for gambling. Then you have the stockmarket, the biggest gamble of all.
Our sport has sold out.
It sounds like I'm a gambling wowser but I'm not. I just despise the way RL seems to be headed. Wherever there is gambling there is corruption. 

BAZ link said:
100% agree Baz Hyland
I hear Rabbits doesn't like announcing the odds during the Ch9 telecast
I detest it

I don't like that either, especially the big bets that they mention. I don't like the over the top promotion of it. But it has always happened, and i don't think it has any bearing on match fixing. It's always happened in sport, I'm sure the White Sox weren't the first team on the take.

Another Pakistani cricketer caught match fixing . . .
And the way the refs ruled against Easts leaves me wondering.

Did anyone see the Paki's out here last summer throwing a Test. I have never laughed so much at a sport.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7