Who oon Earth is Shane Neumann?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Can anyone who regularly watches the lower grades tell us anything about Shane Neumann? What is he like, what are his strengths etc

From Flegg to NRL in one week is a big jump but if he is good enough ......

Berkley eagle put a youtube video up earlier in the week. There is a 9 minute video of Jersey Flegg so far this season. You might get a glimps or two of him in there.

I have read elsewhere that he represented QLD under 19s last year so he must have plenty of ability.

Great video Flip - Is Neumann No 3 or No 4? Both look pretty handy.

Thats pretty entertaining. A few of the usual handling errors youd expect in Flegg but some enterprising play with some very slick passing to finish off backline movements.

Shane Neumann
Nickname: Neumann
Position: Center / Wing
Birthday: 11 July 1987
Birthplace: Brisbane
Junior club: East Tigers
Representative allegiance: QLD
Marital status: Have a Partner
Favourite playing moment: QLD U19s
Favourite all time league player: Mark Gasnier
Favourite TV show: Prison Break
Favourite thing: Phone
Other sports I follow: Tennis, Cricket
What I did in the off-season: Holiday in NZ
Big Brother Manly -
Who would be first out:
Travis Burns
Who would win: Steve Bell
Words of wisdom for 2007: Be all you can be
One word to describe you: Easy-going

I have read elsewhere that he represented QLD under 19s last year so he must have plenty of ability.

Great video Flip - Is Neumann No 3 or No 4? Both look pretty handy.

Neumann was the #4 in those videos - except in the video against the Bulldogs. He played 5/8 against the Dogs. Trent Reilly was in #4 that game.

There have been a few #3's this year. Everingham played in it against the Roosters, Cronulla and the Dogs.

I think that video only covers the first five rounds, right?

The only thing that I can see Neumann do in that video is when he chases down Roosters fullback (Javen White), and pulls of a try-saving tackle. It's a nice tackle though.

Also, just on that video:
- Vic Mauro is quality. Hardly needs to be said, but he's a future first grader. Already better than our PL props.
- Trent Rose had a massive game against the Roosters Flegg team!
- Everingham (the other centre) looks good as well. Quick and good footwork, needs more bulk though.

Guys - he played for East Tigers in the QLD cup. I've seen him play on television maybe three times.
He has a Gidley like flick pass in him, and a Lyon like step (obviously not as good at this stage of his career). He's pretty lean, and lanky. He's also very fast.

My concern is his defence, and his ability under the high ball. Something I noted as a concern from seeing him in those three matches, but that may just be in THOSE games, and he may be sound.

I remember liking the way he ran. Very smooth - like Cooper / Inglis.

He'llk go ok. Additionally, if Des is selected him over Meaney and Dalton, it says miles for what the club thinks of him.

He'll go ok I reckon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6