Who now will play for the Storm?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
If they are to play for no points per game, and play players who are receiving payments over the cap, who gets the points for the game?  Surely all their overpaid players can't play.  Does an auditor select the players up to the cap limit to play?    What a mess.

Maybe the better idea would have been to demote them to the NSW Cup competition for a couple of years.  That was done in the Italian Football league when a couple of clubs were guilty of some dodgy stuff.  A bit to much for Gallop to think through on this.  He was in charge, why is he not putting his hand up for at least being asleep at the wheel.  Souths need investigating now.  Rusty's payments need to be looked at.

More importantly, what happens when the Storm defeat another team? Will the other team be awarded the points regardless? It hardly seems fair that a team is denied two points by being beaten by the scum with several star players they wouldnt have if they followed the cap like the other 15 teams.

mcquinn link said:
More importantly, what happens when the Storm defeat another team? Will the other team be awarded the points regardless? It hardly seems fair that a team is denied two points by being beaten by the scum with several star players they wouldnt have if they followed the cap like the other 15 teams.

That's a great point.

It seems a bit rough that the Storm can beat another side by 30 points on the scoreboard and the losing side is then given the 2 points. It sort of defeats the purpose.

But then it's unfair the other team has play against a club of cap rorters.

Would it be better off telling the Storm they cannot play the rest of the season and bringing in a bye?

What makes me mad is that we beat them down there fair and square. Now sides will line up against them and get wins as they have little to play for. I expect them to fire up for a few weeks but when the going gets tough, they will go MIA. Can you imagine Inglis working hard to get back on the paddock just to get no wins. They will probably still play their players for a win so that might keep them interested but probably not.

Did we beat them fair and square.
They have been looking at there books for around a week. Did the players know what was about to happen. The way some of them played looks as though they had something on there minds.
Still Manly played fantastic on the night.

CW, it means we fly back under the radar

Canteen Worker link said:
What makes me mad is that we beat them down there fair and square. Now sides will line up against them and get wins as they have little to play for. I expect them to fire up for a few weeks but when the going gets tough, they will go MIA. Can you imagine Inglis working hard to get back on the paddock just to get no wins. They will probably still play their players for a win so that might keep them interested but probably not.

The prospect of playing Rep footy would be the only incentive that I can see to make them put in any effort.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=183099.msg260246#msg260246 date=1271944039]

The prospect of playing Rep footy would be the only incentive that I can see to make them put in any effort.
[/quote]

Can we expect to see a lot of Melbourne players in rep sides busting their guts for bonus payments so they can afford to pay the ATO?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4