Who misses out?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

King

Reserve Grader
Going off recent reports, we have a fully fit squad available, excluding Fainu.
I think our 1-13 pick themselves, so who misses out on a bench spot?
I reckon Croker and Gosiewski probably have two of the bench spots locked down, which then leaves;
Boyle
Keppie
Olakau'ata
Paseka
Sipley
Waddell
with Cust and Elliott to bide their time until an opportunity presents.

I'd go Boyle and Keppie. Keppie is a machine and Boyle was our best forward to start the year. Unlucky to miss out Sipley, Paseka and Waddell... So good to have genuine 1st graders fighting for spots

Keppie a must , and I’m surprised to say it but probably Boyle ( he has certainly come a LONG way).

Agreed, regarding Boyle. Looked great coming off the bench in first two games. I think Gosiewski would need a run in NSW Cup or whatever, before getting right back in firsts. So I guess that means another week or two of full contact training these days. Waddell likely to cover that spot maybe? Then Tof Sips for the last big man on bench.

With the refs likely to want to make a statement .... they will wave their arms like mating soldier crabs every 5 mins for 6 again ... fatique will be an issue for the middle defenders ... I suggest the bench will need 3 fit replacements ....

At least Jake will be the freshest he has been for 3 years ... plenty of time to recover from his op and all little niggles and injuries gorrrne ..... he will rip in delux ...

With the refs likely to want to make a statement .... they will wave their arms like mating soldier crabs every 5 mins for 6 again ... fatique will be an issue for the middle defenders ... I suggest the bench will need 3 fit replacements ....

At least Jake will be the freshest he has been for 3 years ... plenty of time to recover from his op and all little niggles and injuries gorrrne ..... he will rip in delux ...
Thats definitely the best thing to come out of this. Chez, Jake, Taupau and AFB have had a massive schedule the last couple years and with Tommy and Siro coming off a few injuries will help them all freshen up physically and mentally. Paseka, Waddell and Gosiewski all had injuries so would benefit from the time off. The break Could really help us, I think at times last year some of the boys looked like they needed a rest.

It is a great situation to be in again, finally have some competition for spots.

I like the energy Croker brings and he has good versatility.
I think Waddell is a tough SOB and can probably cover all forward spots.
Keppie is a snapping machine like Jake and is improving all the time.
I believe Haumole is a star in the making and needs to be blooded.

That leaves Paseka, Boyle, Jack and Sips a pretty decent bench in it self.

I also wonder if young Hoppa will be blooded this season. I love Jorge but I reckon he was diamonds 3 out of 4 games in his prime he seems to be more 50/50 these days. I hold my breath too much with him now.

Really interesting to see how Des deals with the lack of games for lower grades. Just looked at our extended squad on the club site and it is packed with talent and potential, but how to give game time to the 'emu' types is a big question mark. Anyone may be called upon at short notice at the business end, which is exactly what happened last year. On the other hand teams with minimal disruptions and changes tend to play better over time. Quite a delicate balancing act required this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6