Who makes the signing decisions?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

LittleSnake

Super Sub
Im quite baffled at the Woodsie signing and wont pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes... But what really confuses me is how the CEO is coming out swinging trying to keep villiame fifita and how siebold seemed to have no idea during the after game press conference on the weekend.

So who makes these decisions and why aren't key figures such as these consulted? Thats kind of worrying.

Im quite baffled at the Woodsie signing and wont pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes... But what really confuses me is how the CEO is coming out swinging trying to keep villiame fifita and how siebold seemed to have no idea during the after game press conference on the weekend.

So who makes these decisions and why aren't key figures such as these consulted? Thats kind of worrying.
Yeah it seems Metrov is doing the signings. This concerns me a great deal tbh.
Scott Fulton seems like a toothless tiger as of now and not sure how much say our coach gets.
This smells of another stupid Scott Penn idea

The club has implemented a process to not be driven by one person

Tartak is close with Manly’s recruitment manager, Scott Fulton, however Fulton’s control over the roster has lessened since the introduction of a new recruitment and retention committee — which Mestrov sits on.

From early reports in the season ... Mestrov is part of a recruitment/retention committee .... which would include Seibold, Fulton, the new head recruitment manager guy just signed from Broncos, and possibly others ....

I would just think that Mestrov would be the obvious spokesman ... and I wouldn't read too much into evasive or veiled comments by the others ... no one likes to comment factually on issues still being negotiated or playing out.

Manly coach Anthony Seibold has revealed that he picked the brains of the Trbojevic brothers before pressing the go button on a deal to bring veteran front rower Aaron Woods to the club.
Woods will begin training with the Sea Eagles on Tuesday after his swap deal with youngsters Viliame Fifita and Alec Tuitavake was confirmed late on Monday.

The 32-year-old Woods played 19 games with St George Illawarra but looks destined to finish his career on Sydney’s northern beaches, having joined the Sea Eagles with immediate effect.

Fifita and Tuitavake have gone in the opposite direction.

Aaron Woods has joined the Sea Eagles after the Trbojevic brothers vouched for him. Picture: Getty

Aaron Woods has joined the Sea Eagles after the Trbojevic brothers vouched for him. Picture: Getty
Woods was a regular fixture in the Dragons side after joining the club last year and Seibold has revealed that his former State of Origin teammates Tom and Jake Trbojevic played a role in the decision to bring him to Manly.

“It’s a good opportunity to add some experience,” Seibold said.

“I spoke to Jake and Tom, who have played with him at Origin and with the Kangaroos. They both agreed he’d be a good fit at our club.

“He was also at the Wests Tigers when Josh Aloiai and Taniela Paseka were young fellas. I spoke to Flanno and Jimmy Dymock. Flanno coached him at Cronulla and the Dragons and Jimmy at the Bulldogs.

“All the feedback was really positive on what he could do for us. Woodsy know he starts in reserve grade and has to earn his spot. He’s a man’s man and he’s really excited about coming.

“He’s coming to Mudgee and it will be great that he’s got time with the group this week. We’re looking forward to him making a contribution.”

Woods admitted it was nice to feel wanted after it emerged the Trbojevic brothers were key figures in his move to Manly.

Tom Trbojevic was consulted over the recruitment of Woods to Manly. Picture: Getty

Tom Trbojevic was consulted over the recruitment of Woods to Manly. Picture: Getty
Woods won’t play NRL this weekend, when Manly play Newcastle, and is expected to make his debut as a Sea Eagles via NSW Cup on Sunday.

He supported Manly as a boy and admitted he was overjoyed to hear that Jake and Tom Trbojevic had pushed for the move.

“It makes you feel like you are wanted,” Woods said.

“It was nice to hear those guys want you there. They are the ones who wanted me there.

“I just want to get in and meet all the boys. I was a big Manly fan growing up and it’s great to play for a club that you loved supporting.”

Woods revealed he only found out on Friday of the potential move to Manly and said he harboured no I’ll will towards the Dragons, having played 19 games for the club over the past two seasons.

“I had a really good time, met some good people there and they are a great club,” Woods said.

“I hope they go well. It is good for rugby league if they are going well because they are a powerhouse club.”

Seibold knew what was going on,he just wasn’t going to reveal that info at an after game press conference

Tartak is close with Manly’s recruitment manager, Scott Fulton, however Fulton’s control over the roster has lessened since the introduction of a new recruitment and retention committee — which Mestrov sits on.
i heard about this last weekend & the word i got was that scott wasn't too impressed with the new set up, if he goes there are a lot of young kids at manly that he signed that i hope don't get the urge to up & leave after him

i heard about this last weekend & the word i got was that scott wasn't too impressed with the new set up, if he goes there are a lot of young kids at manly that he signed that i hope don't get the urge to up & leave after him
That is the nature of modern sport.

The idea of one club players is almost redundant apart from the very very special players like a turbo

Manly coach Anthony Seibold has revealed that he picked the brains of the Trbojevic brothers before pressing the go button on a deal to bring veteran front rower Aaron Woods to the club.
Woods will begin training with the Sea Eagles on Tuesday after his swap deal with youngsters Viliame Fifita and Alec Tuitavake was confirmed late on Monday.

The 32-year-old Woods played 19 games with St George Illawarra but looks destined to finish his career on Sydney’s northern beaches, having joined the Sea Eagles with immediate effect.

Fifita and Tuitavake have gone in the opposite direction.

Woods was a regular fixture in the Dragons side after joining the club last year and Seibold has revealed that his former State of Origin teammates Tom and Jake Trbojevic played a role in the decision to bring him to Manly.

“It’s a good opportunity to add some experience,” Seibold said.

“I spoke to Jake and Tom, who have played with him at Origin and with the Kangaroos. They both agreed he’d be a good fit at our club.

“He was also at the Wests Tigers when Josh Aloiai and Taniela Paseka were young fellas. I spoke to Flanno and Jimmy Dymock. Flanno coached him at Cronulla and the Dragons and Jimmy at the Bulldogs.

“All the feedback was really positive on what he could do for us. Woodsy know he starts in reserve grade and has to earn his spot. He’s a man’s man and he’s really excited about coming.

“He’s coming to Mudgee and it will be great that he’s got time with the group this week. We’re looking forward to him making a contribution.”

Woods admitted it was nice to feel wanted after it emerged the Trbojevic brothers were key figures in his move to Manly.

Woods won’t play NRL this weekend, when Manly play Newcastle, and is expected to make his debut as a Sea Eagles via NSW Cup on Sunday.

He supported Manly as a boy and admitted he was overjoyed to hear that Jake and Tom Trbojevic had pushed for the move.

“It makes you feel like you are wanted,” Woods said.

“It was nice to hear those guys want you there. They are the ones who wanted me there.

“I just want to get in and meet all the boys. I was a big Manly fan growing up and it’s great to play for a club that you loved supporting.”

Woods revealed he only found out on Friday of the potential move to Manly and said he harboured no I’ll will towards the Dragons, having played 19 games for the club over the past two seasons.

“I had a really good time, met some good people there and they are a great club,” Woods said.

“I hope they go well. It is good for rugby league if they are going well because they are a powerhouse club.”
Manly fan - tick. Man’s man - tick (whatever TF that means). Dud recruit - tick.

Manly fan - tick. Man’s man - tick (whatever TF that means). Dud recruit - tick.
I suppose that depends on how much coin we are paying him. If, as rumoured, he is coming free, then it may not be a bad deal. With the situation at the dragons, there is every possibility we were going to lose both anyway at some stage.
As others have mentioned, this allows us to open up slots in the top 30 and to bank some coin for future upgrades when needed. And they are coming.

Who made the Woods signing decision.... I've heard Seibold made the decision whilst at Maccas the other night/morning.
Yeah he slept on it... then had a dream he was living back in 2015..woke up saying gee that young woods boy can play..SIGN HIM..🤣😂

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4