Who is the next rising eagle?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cheech

Geez I hate the off season, so little news on the footie front...Oh well, not long to go..

Quick question...who, in your eyes, will be the next 'unknown' to be playing 1st grade this year and make an impact? Groom, Bani,etc

Heard a lot about Groom, not see him yet. I wonder if we may see him this year? Or is it one year too early...

Your thoughts?

Groome, Meaney, Wells, Ballin........Take your pick. They've all got the ability it's just a matter of wait and see how things go.

It is at least a year or two too early for Groome. My pick is most likley Ballin to be a star this year and also possibly Afamasaga or wells as well.

I hope that Sione also goes well and gives us impact off the bench like Fui does for Parra.

We certainly need a couple of the unknown forwards to step up big time this year as we are very thin in this area.

I'd like to see balin do well. That way when monas contract comes around he can be forwarded on to an english club (or souths) and free up a 1/4 of a mill.

Guys - I don't really think Groom will get a shot this year. With Burns / Orford / Lyon / Monaghan all able to play in the 1/2's should the need arise, we are pretty well covered.

For that reason I'd think more forwards will get opportunities. I actually think (and hope) Ballin will get a good go.
That said, I think Hall will play a fair bit of 1st grade for us (which is a worry), but I also think he will be better than most of us believe he may be at this point.
I HOPE Cuthbertson, Wells, Sione can stamp a spot. Des generally holds players back, and brings them on slowly if he sees them as long term Eagles, so maybe Wells is being groomed to take Beavers spot (very similar type players).
I just hope to goodness SOME do step up, because could you imagine if Kite exorcises his option to leave, and Beaver retires. That leaves:-

King
Bryant
Rose
Choc
Moorwood
Stewart
Cuthbertson

& co.

I still have a soft spot for Cuthbertson as well. This is a make or break year for him...

Guys - I don't really think Groom will get a shot this year. With Burns / Orford / Lyon / Monaghan all able to play in the 1/2's should the need arise, we are pretty well covered.

Monnas at half again? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Groom is a similar talent to Kurtley beale. He needs to be given time to develop before putting him in first grade. Put him in too early and we could have a Benji "i busted my shoulder again" Marshall.

I'm SOOO glad Tooks that we don't have a player that gets paid heaps and is always injured like:-

Craig Frawley (Raiders)
Timana Tahu (Eels)
Shannon Hegarty (Souths)
Adam Macdouggall (Souths)
Michael Ennis (Bronco's)
Matt Head (Dragons)
etc etc...

Imagine if Lyon or Orford sat out 70% of each season !!!

Actually - Jason King is the closest thing to that, but that works in our favour...hehehehe

I doubt Groom will play firsts in 07, he''l probably get a taste in 08 (maybe 5-12 games) then have a breakout year in 09

For mine, i'd say from Ballin, Cuthbertson or Afamasaga

I'm SOOO glad Tooks that we don't have a player that gets paid heaps and is always injured like:-

Actually - Jason King is the closest thing to that, but that works in our favour...hehehehe

King is on big bucks and plays like he is injured.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4