Who I would sign for 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Clay

Bencher
I am an honest guy and I will openly admit I have been very critical at times at some of the signings and direction this club appears to be heading.

Its easy to be critical, but I am putting my neck out and saying the signing that will win us a premiership in 20/18-20 would be Aaron Woods.
We all know he is a Manly fan and he is off contract after 2017.

Give him Myles and Browns Money in the cap, and you will still have money left over from snake and Matai, plus a looming cap increase.

This is the leader to take Manly back to glory we desperately need

Yep. Woods fan also, added to this young pack be right up there.... a Star centre is the other key as long as this 2017 halves pairing works.

As fence sittery as this comment will be, here I go anyway.

We really need to see the 2017 season before we go overboard blowing cash on guys. Some stars will go in the toilet, some fringe guys will step up. We need to see how all our own recruits go because where we need to allocate our money may shift based on who steps up in our own squad. Manly is a club in flux so it's hard to pinpoint what our specific need will be when so much could change.

I am an honest guy and I will openly admit I have been very critical at times at some of the signings and direction this club appears to be heading.

Its easy to be critical, but I am putting my neck out and saying the signing that will win us a premiership in 20/18-20 would be Aaron Woods.
We all know he is a Manly fan and he is off contract after 2017.

Give him Myles and Browns Money in the cap, and you will still have money left over from snake and Matai, plus a looming cap increase.

This is the leader to take Manly back to glory we desperately need
Always thought the same. What an inclusion Woodsie would be having loved the club all his life. Great go forward, spirit and exactly what we need. Throw the farm at him I say. He'd be like a rutting Elk if we offered him a gig.

As fence sittery as this comment will be, here I go anyway.

We really need to see the 2017 season before we go overboard blowing cash on guys. Some stars will go in the toilet, some fringe guys will step up. We need to see how all our own recruits go because where we need to allocate our money may shift based on who steps up in our own squad. Manly is a club in flux so it's hard to pinpoint what our specific need will be when so much could change.
Agree,if guys like Meehan,Hopoate,Faingaa,AFB,Amone,Hastings all play well then we don't need forwards,we just need to get guys resigned, but if some of them don't make it and others regress then we need to look at maybe adding players.Same for the backs,if guys like Taufua have a huge injury free year, or Parker gets some game time, or roughies like Keys get a chance and go well then it completely changes things.Too early to know where we need to splash the cash yet....

I think money spent on Woods would be wasted because Lussick and Jake will be doing that by that stage anyway. Agree it's a case of wait and see. Hopefully green and DCE work out.

Who is captain this year anyway?

Woods is a top candidate for the wish list, as are several other players. However one point that should be factored in is who will be coach. If the rumours are true (and that's a big if) and Des returns for 2018, then recruitment will be a whole new 'ballgame'.

I like Woods and the fact that he loves Manly; however, whilst I think he is a good player, I'd much rather Jessie Bromwich. I think Woods is a tad overrated. I think Tapau, Jake and Lussick can be our forward leaders with plenty of potential in AFB, Meehan, Hoppa, then Lane, Perett and Sironen.

I'd like to see a top line back come into the side to give us balance. Dane Gagai, Jack Bird, BJ Leilua, Kallum Watkins, Valentine Holmes.

Hasler, Foran and Gutho

Get all the old gang back again

At least if dessie comes back it means that Fulton and ZTC will have left

Lol, the thought of ZtC and Ha$ler together is like dreaming of WW3.

Absolutely impossible to imagine De$ coming back if ZtC has the same amount of power.

Remember De$ recommended he be moved on, Perry acted, and the great game of revenge started on its merry way.

Des will do what's best for Des which will mean he'll go to the highest bidder who will let him do what he wants (could see him at Brisbane). He won't be back here and we dont need him. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the fact that he's leaving the Dogs in a mess.

Will be waiting to see if we manage to replace the vacant centre position with current squad ie Kellly or if we need to go after a gun center like Leilua or Whare or Jack Bird, Gagai, Jarod Crocker , Matautia etc.

Green contract only for 2 years, still need to find a younger long term replacement in the 6. Maybe Hastings steps up or go after Elgey or Ash Taylor or Mitch Moses or Te Martin etc

Will be waiting to see if we manage to replace the vacant centre position with current squad ie Kellly or if we need to go after a gun center like Leilua or Whare or Jack Bird, Gagai, Jarod Crocker , Matautia etc.

Green contract only for 2 years, still need to find a younger long term replacement in the 6. Maybe Hastings steps up or go after Elgey or Ash Taylor or Mitch Moses or Te Martin etc

Isn't young Wright the long term hope, 18 last year so 20 by the time Green departs?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10