Who do we want and who don't we want?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
I'd love to see us play the Tigers in the GF, and I'm not presuming anything here as to us getting there.
I don't want us to play Storm. As much as I detest them and their CHEATING tactics I do respect the way they play. I know they CHEAT and bend the rules but bugger me, the refs don't seem to worry about them. That's another story..

Ok I'll play, I don't really have a preference over the Storm or Tigers, both can beat us but I guess I would say I would rather play the Storm, we are better than them. The Tigers have that unpredictability that can tear most teams apart.

I tip St Choke to beat the Broncos next weekend and end up playing us. I also tip the Tigers to beat the Warriors and then beat the Storm.

We play the Dragons for the right to play the Tigers.

The next opponent is either the Broncos or Dragons....both of whom on their day can beat us. But... in the form we're in, we can and should, beat both as well.

2 more games to go, one at a time.

I'd much rather play the Storm because I know we can beat them, they hold no fear for our side.

The Tigers on the other hand are unpredictable and are on a roll and playing with confidence. If they win their next two games then they will be pumped up and full of self belief. We will still beat them but they may pose a more difficult proposition. Let's hope that the Warriors do us a favour this weekend

ideally i would like to beat saints and then the tigers in the gf. If we wer to do that we would have beaten every team in the comp atleast once. However i think our best chance is against the broncos, simply because if we have to play saints they will have a massive advantage with the crowd. and while highly unlikely, id like to meet the warriors on grand final day.

What I DO know and believe, is that Glenn Stewart should be allowed to use next week as a game for his suspension. The fact that Manly have won, makes it worse for Glenn.

Why is he being punished due to the fact Manly have been successful?

Doesn't make sense.

Ryan said:
What I DO know and believe, is that Glenn Stewart should be allowed to use next week as a game for his suspension. The fact that Manly have won, makes it worse for Glenn.

Doesn't make sense.

That's the way it's always been Ryan.

The Tigers have to win 15 in a row to win the grand final. I'd like Manly to be that team to stop the winning streak at 14. Surely 15 wins in a row is a near impossible task.

Ryan said:

Doesn't make sense.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Hypothetical--23065

I made that exact point 2 weeks ago but as it stands, suspensions are handed out in matches, not weeks.

Why should it be treated as a bye? Teams don't "earn" a bye.
If Manly lost on Saturday, he'd be playing in the GF qualifier, but now cannot, because we won.

It's totally different.

There also needs to be rules around missing reprentative games (not sure if there already is).

Imagine the NRL give you a one game suspension in the GF, and that means you miss the whole of the four nations !!

After hearing how loud the boos were for David Gallop in Melbourne yesterday, I want a Manly V Storm Grand Final. Imagine how loud 80,000 boos would be when he presents the trophy to the winning captain.

bones said:
After hearing how loud the boos were for David Gallop in Melbourne yesterday, I want a Manly V Storm Grand Final. Imagine how loud 80,000 boos would be when he presents the trophy to the winning captain.
Manly V Storm would be great. If we play like we did second half against the Cowboys it does'nt really matter who we play, we can beat anybody.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6