Who are your top eight sides and why?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
manlyfan76 said:
MANLY
Brisbane - Prince will be the goalkicker V Manly not Parker
Storm - big 3 cheats, again
Sharkies - they havn't grown teeth. they bought them
Souffs - will win more then they loose - but not finals
dogs - on the slide from last year as Trent Dogkinson will play 1/2
eels - will have an energetic start to season but limp into finals
chooks - good coach (he's no B.Smith)

cows- will learn that JT is leaving
Drugcastle - Tinks on the Brinks
cnaberra - innconsistant
NZ - due for a bad year
Penriff - no talent
Titans - not by half
Dragons - you know it makes sence.
I agree with you on one point - the Tigers may as well not even be counted at all.

You dont agree about Manly being top 8???

Manly Storm Dogs Sharks Souths Cows Brisbane Chooks.

Prince will add valuable experience and leadership, and the draw helps them. Chooks will be on a high with their marquee signings and have a lot of forward talent.

My Team in no particular order... well expect for manly being premiers :).

Manly - Improved talented halves, talented mix of youth and experience, great culture, no more des rubbish, 2V second year, the list goes on - Premiers for sure.

Storm - Assuming bellyache stays but, you cant ignore the talent of the storms spine. Backing them for minor premiership, but choke in the finals.

Dogs - Im expecting J renolyds may suffer a lil form 2nd yr syndrome (his contract is up also whihc may make him better or worse). Barba will probably have another good yr and they have a big forward back. Des will have them in the 8 (as much as it sucks)

Souffs - Like his brother from another mother, im expecting A renolyds to be down on last yrs form. No dave taylor this yr either. However i still think they have the talent to make the back end of the 8

Cronulla - On paper building a good side. if carney is firing the sharkies will do well, as he has some talent around him. Im expecting the sharkies may even make it to the Grand final (and loose it to manly of course :))

Raiders - Terry's back, dugans had a few years in the nrl, and they have some talented forwards and backs. Assuming they can manage injuries, i think they''l make the 8

Donkeys - Brisbane have alot of very talent young players. They have now added an expierenced half to their ranks, which should help them out. Prince is a good player, the titans ruined him.

Cowboys - assuming they can hold onto thurston, cowboys are in. they have talented front row and a experienced halfback.

Dark horse - Warriors - They had a atrocious 2012, however johnson is heading into his 3rd season and will be the senior play maker. They have an imensly talented junior line up, so they will be one to watch.

Spooner - Titans - dont think i need to explain this one :)

Anyway thats my take on it.

In no particular order:
Manly to make the 8 and don't care who we beat in the Grand Final.

Manly - because we have a winning culture and plenty of depth in the forwards and halves now.

Melbourne - because they always do. They have lost a few players though, if they get lots of injuries in the forwards they may slip a bit.

Souths - they have recruited well but still have a stable roster that did very well last year. A lot does come down to Reynolds though.

Canberra - if they're going to make it any further than a semi-final, this year will be their year. When they're on fire they can beat anyone, they have quality depth in the halves, several exciting backs and one of the best forward packs in the NRL. They have no excuses for missing the finals this year.

Cowboys - this could be their year if they learn how to win pressure matches in Sydney. Excellent team all around and have plenty of depth and promising Toyota Cup players.

Sharks - because they deserved their top 8 spot last year and have vastly improved their roster. They have strike power in the backs with Gordon, Ryan, Gardner and an outstanding forward pack. There are question marks about who's the best partner for Carney, but this could be the year that Townsend stands up and they have plenty of options.

Roosters - Oldfield, Jennings, Maloney and SBW are excellent buys and they are another side who has excellent depth all around. Getting rid of Smith might be the best thing that ever happened to them, they seem happy with their new coach and therefore they should be able to concentrate properly on on field matters. If they all gel properly, they could be premiership contenders.

Tigers - they may have lost a lot of players, but their Toyota Cup side won last year so they should have plenty of players fiercely competing for FG spots and, like the Roosters and Souths last year, a new coach will probably do them a world of good. And any side with Marshall and Farah can never be completely discounted.

The only side which I feel DEFINITELY won't make the 8 is the Titans as they have untested halves, no depth and a crap youth side. I see upsides in every other team but them, which is a shame.

Dogs Melbourne Manly will be strong all year no doubt. There is no reason Cronulla shouldn't be there either.

The only REAL danger, in my opinion, to these 4 will be the chooks. Great backline, Pearce has been average but not poor but i think Maloney will bring the best out of him. Both solid defenders and Maloney is quality. He should have been playing Origin by now. Last year he was quiet but so was his whole team.

Their forward pack are menacing, cut out the stupid errors and pointless niggle, throw in SBW and it will be hard to stop.

Cows, Canberra, Parra will round out the 8 imo.

Gold Coast, Parramatta, Wests, Newcastle, Auckland, Penrith, St George, Sydney City.......

Damn. I'm looking at the second page.

Ever notice that when punters don't rate the Warriors they get within a whisker of taking out the whole lot.....

Knights will be in the 8

Scary stat over the last few years the team that finished runners up struggle to make the 8........

eagles2win said:
Ever notice that when punters don't rate the Warriors they get within a whisker of taking out the whole lot.....

Knights will be in the 8

Scary stat over the last few years the team that finished runners up struggle to make the 8........

That's not a scary stat. That would be an awesome stat this year.

1. Dogs
2. Storm
3. Cows
4. Knights
5. Souths
6. Sharks
7. Raiders
8. Broncos

9. Roosters
10. Manly
11. Parra
12. Warriors
13. Tigers
14. Saints
15. Titans
16. Panthers

We're on the downslope with an ageing roster and the loss of one of the top 3 coaches in the NRL will prove to be the greatrest blunder in our history.

aahhhh Mick. You are a glass half full type guy aren't you. ;-) love your posts mate, but I sincerely hope you are wrong with this one.

1 to 4 in no particular order

Dogs
Melbourne
Roosters
Manly

5 to 8 in no particular order

Sharks
Cowboys
Bunnies
Broncos

Bolters:Knights

Top 4 will be tough because of our ridiculous Monday night draw but if we get top 4 we can win it.Main hurdles are draw and outside back depth.

Roosters to be huge improvers.SBW is a superstar despite the hatred he seems to engender.He will make what was a tough pack already close to the toughest in the comp.Add Maloney and you have a top 4 side.Have a feeling the coach may be a keeper as well.

mickqld said:
1. Dogs
2. Storm
3. Cows
4. Knights
5. Souths
6. Sharks
7. Raiders
8. Broncos

9. Roosters
10. Manly
11. Parra
12. Warriors
13. Tigers
14. Saints
15. Titans
16. Panthers

We're on the downslope with an ageing roster and the loss of one of the top 3 coaches in the NRL will prove to be the greatrest blunder in our history.

Stewart brothers, Lyon, Watmough, Matai, Cherry, Foz, (with Joey as halves coach) Ballin, Jamie. B, Joe.G, Wolfie etc. and a host of new young guns. You are kidding, right?

susan said:
1 to 4 in no particular order

Dogs
Melbourne
Roosters
Manly

5 to 8 in no particular order

Sharks
Cowboys
Bunnies
Broncos

Bolters:Knights

Top 4 will be tough because of our ridiculous Monday night draw but if we get top 4 we can win it.Main hurdles are draw and outside back depth.

Roosters to be huge improvers.SBW is a superstar despite the hatred he seems to engender.He will make what was a tough pack already close to the toughest in the comp.Add Maloney and you have a top 4 side.Have a feeling the coach may be a keeper as well.

Think Robinson will bring back the attacking brand of football to the NRL.
The Dragons in the ESL were known to use the ball like Leeds.

Napper said:
Dogs Melbourne Manly will be strong all year no doubt. There is no reason Cronulla shouldn't be there either.

The only REAL danger, in my opinion, to these 4 will be the chooks. Great backline, Pearce has been average but not poor but i think Maloney will bring the best out of him. Both solid defenders and Maloney is quality. He should have been playing Origin by now. Last year he was quiet but so was his whole team.

Their forward pack are menacing, cut out the stupid errors and pointless niggle, throw in SBW and it will be hard to stop.

Cows, Canberra, Parra will round out the 8 imo.

Maloney is massively over rated I reckon. He is a good NRL level player, but as a playmaker he doesn't offer a hell of a lot and nowhere near Origin quality

His best attribute is as a support player using his pace to run off an offload. His kicking game is ok, but as a playmaker he doesn't offer much at all, and he is a terrible defender. Always gives 100% though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4