WHO ARE OUR BEST 2 OF THE PAST 50 YEARS? .. WINGERS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who would you have on the wings ?

• Les Hanigan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ken Irvine

Votes: 48 55.2%
  • Tom Mooney

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Rod Jackson

• Stuart Davis

• John Ribot

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Kerry Boustead

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • Jack Elesgood

• John Hopoate

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Scott Donald

• Chris Hicks

• The Lesser Robbo (Micheal)

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • David Williams

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Jorge Taufua

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Akuila Uate

• Dale Shearer

Votes: 28 32.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow this is closer than I thought it would be !!

Dale Shearer , the lesser Robbo and Bowie fighting it out for the second spot !!

I’ll switching a vote for my man SDS to K Boustead to help clear him out from the pack. Assuming Shearer and Hasler will fight it out for the bench utility position.

Never saw Les Hanigan play and very little footage of Irvine .
The Wolfman at his peak howling down the touchline was a sight to see
Robbo was not an international but he was sensational and Mr Reliable who got the job done right the first time and every time
Hey @Woodsie .... You forgot our duel premiership 72 & 73 great winger In Max Brown .
You would have seen more games from Max than me . How do you rate him ?
Wasn't Robbo an international for Scotland?

Please note ... voting will close at 12.00pm today ... so if anybody wants to change their vote ... Now is the time ...

The hill faithful have chosen .... Irvine and Boustead have the sideline duty ...
Thought the deadline was 12 p m Queensland time and was intending to change my vote again . Talk about having to be alert on Silver Tails . No, not that fickle but in hind sight probably did under estimate a bit Ken Irvine "s good stats in his Manly stint

Thought the deadline was 12 p m Queensland time and was intending to change my vote again . Talk about having to be alert on Silver Tails . No, not that fickle but in hind sight probably did under estimate a bit Ken Irvine "s good stats in his Manly stint

Sorry mate ... I thought one of your two heads would have known we are on Eastern Standard Brookvale time ...

Some players are just so clearly on a different level that they get the nod no matter how the game changes over the years. Manly is blessed to have a few of those types and I'll put Irvine in that bracket, though i don't have any clear memories of his deeds. You can't deny his record.
Bowie was probably our next best winger in talent, but I'd put Robbo slightly ahead of him for sheer class and consistency over a long period.
However for my number 2 wing selection I'll go Tom Mooney. Fast and big without being the fastest or biggest, but he had a good level of meanness and violent intent in his play and an aggressive winger is a great asset to any team. So he's my 2nd pick :)

tough one again, but from the 1980 onwards Shearer and Boustead for mine, excitment machines! Someone find that Boastead Born In Innisfail pic from RLW!

Once saw Shearer score a try in the corner with his speed that no one had the right to. Cover defence should have had him easily but he just turned on the afterburners. Against parra i think in a smashing at Parra stadium
I was at Brookie when we played the Berries somewhere between 84-86. Rowdy fielded a long kick at fullback, took the ball and then propped as the front line defence could not encroach the 10 metres. He then spotted a gap from a standing start, fired up the afterburners, and went almost the length of the field to plant a try. It was just astonishing to watch live and something I’ll never forget.

Yeah, I had an inkling it would be tight ....

Heads up .... What I am looking forward to is the choosing of the 4th bench spot ... I think it should not be a poll ... but simply have posters tell us which player not selected they would have on the bench as #14 ... either a super sub utility or extra grunt forward ... but tell us why. ...
Shearer. Why...because I didn’t find a spot for him in the backline, but is way too good not to be on the bench.

This thread title got me thinking you could do a poll on best Whinger over the last 50 years @Woodsie

Could think of a couple of nominations
One of your best !!!
926e906aa4a4fe91af104c271f2defb4.jpg

Robbo is one of my all time favourite players; however, I have him third on this list.

Irvine and Shearer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4