Who’s going to Canberra this Sunday?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader

There are 5 of us travelling from the Northern Beaches all in 1 car and staying 2 nights (Sat/Sun night) in an Airbnb at Canberra.

Will be in the ‘Away Supporters Bay/Section 73’ (GIO Canberra Stadium). Who else is going?

Last edited:

There are 5 of us travelling from the Northern Beaches all in 1 car and staying 2 nights (Sat/Sun night) in an Airbnb at Canberra.

Will be in the ‘Away Supporters Bay/Section73’ (GIO Canberra Stadium). Who else is going?

Cheer loud, we might need it BUT I think we are going to ambush them!!

At least that’s what I hope.

Will be in the ‘Away Supporters Bay/Section73’ (GIO Canberra Stadium). Who else is going?

I'll be there with a few other Manly supporters - I'm in Bay 73 as well.

I will be there with two raiders mates and one other manly mate..

Forecast ain’t great, but hoping they are drained after their Melbourne win and we are recharged and rearing

I'll be making the 7 minute trip from my house to the game!
At least Sunday's forecast of -1 to 16 degrees is better than Friday's of -5 to 15...........
Forecast not too bad and any showers (slight chance) is very rare these days:
http://www.bom.gov.au/act/forecasts/canberra.shtml
Sunday 25 August
Summary
partly-cloudy.png

Min -1
Max 16
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 20%
rain_20.gif

Canberra area
Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day.

I'll be making the 7 minute trip from my house to the game!
At least Sunday's forecast of -1 to 16 degrees is better than Friday's of -5 to 15...........
We're getting 7m swell with 2m waves tomorrow so Des may move the troops out before the Narra Lagoon floods :surfer:

I lived in Canberra for a couple of years back in around 2003. Took in a Sat night game when manly came down. Holy S*** that was the coldest evening I’ve ever experienced! And I grew up in NZ only about 40 mins from a ski field!

I lived in Canberra for a couple of years back in around 2003. Took in a Sat night game when manly came down. Holy S*** that was the coldest evening I’ve ever experienced! And I grew up in NZ only about 40 mins from a ski field!

Yeah Canberra stadium is the coldest place in Australia at times.

I'll be there with my Dad and Brothers cheering on the Maroon and White.

I'm sitting in a sea of green so figured they needed some maroon to break it up.

We will be there also. sounds like a few eagles supporters going as the Away Supporters Bay 73 (South Side) is all booked out. So we will be sitting alongside in Bay 72. See you all there. Manly by +13.

When you are freezing your arses off in Canberra this weekend just remember poor old me, sitting in the dust and the heat ( 33 here today in the Bungle Bungles).

A couple of days time we’ll be in Kununurra, power, air conditioning , swimming pool , a bottle shop.......heaven on a stick!!

Updated below. The latest weather forecast for Canberra on Sunday. The sun is setting later now. For Sunday in Canberra the Sunset will be 5.39pm. Therefore 75% of the game will be non night conditions.

Sunday 25 August

partly-cloudy.png

Min 1
Max 16
Partly cloudy.
Chance of any rain: 20%
rain_20.gif

Canberra area
Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Patchy morning frost. Light winds becoming southerly 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon then tending southeasterly in the late afternoon.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
Looking forward to hearing a match report from a few at the ground today, @Eagles Nest 78

Especially the amount of crying from the happy clappers

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8