whinging cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
the cowboys have called on the NRL to stop ex manly players sitting on the judiciary for thurstons hearing.
Among a group of former players that could be picked to fill the 3 man judiciary panel are former manly players Ian Roberts, Darrell Williams, Mal Cochrane & Don Mckinnon.
The cowboys think this could be a conflict of intrest.
The NRL have said they should not have questioned the integrity of panel members and said there concerns have been dismissed.

Can see it now.............if he dosent get off its all manlys fault

With Phil Gould and all the media darlings calling for him to be let off, there is no media pressure!!!

Mind you, Orford was quoted on the news as saying he would like to beat the Cowboys with Thurston playing!!!

What else is Orford to say?

He will get off though, too much media pressure and having ex anly players probably works in his favour. Especially if they want to keep there positions on the panel.

This is absolute brilliant theartre. The possible suspension of the games best player, defence counsel being provided by one of the oppositions own, the jury comprised of potential infidels and it has yet to reach its climax.

The NRL could not afford to buy the number of TV minutes, radio airtime and newspaper columns that have been filled with this issue.

I'm over it too Pete. I wonder how much of a beat there would have been if matai made that tackle.

i have been thinking all week that he would get off tonight
but after the way its panned out i think he will be found guilty tonight
They will have an appeal and he will be cleared late friday night
This is the problem when the media own the game............. lets see how far we can milk this to make a few more $$$ out of it

If he gets off, spear tackles are the go.....but only for the best players in the comp, bugger the rest.

I love the way that Thurston keep saying there was no intent. That is why it is a grade 1 tackle. If it was deliberate it would be a higher grade.

The onus is on the tackler to prevent a dangerous situation. If he had no carry over he wouldn't even be facing a suspension. That is the real issue.

The tackle by itself is okay (early plea and play) but added to past offences means he gets one week. No brainer really.

The conspiracy theorists could come up with a scenario that says that a Manly Parra grand final would rate through the roof and kick up unprecedented interest in Sydney.

Given that News own Melbourne and did own NQ another theory could say it was in their interest for those two to play in the big one!!!

I personally hope he gets of and we beat them with him in the team.

The media beat up is all about if he plays they win if he doesn't they lose.

However I suppose if he does play and we do win then all next week we'll get to hear about the old 'interupted preparation' routine.

This is a toughie. Personally I want us in the GF no matter how we get there, but like fLIP it would be nice to put it to the Cowgirls in a way that nobody can claim they didn't have every chance. I don't know what the judiciary will decide but I didn't like the tackle and if it was anyone else the expectation would be a week. Either way I am over the hype and just want the game to start.

exactly, as Jason King said with a chuckle this morning on 2KY, "you like to play the best players..........But we want to make the grand final"

I want to be in the GF period. I don't care if that means playing 8 men.

I hope justice prevails.

Straight off the top of your head who remembers the beaten teams from the equivalent game last year and more importantly how they were won or lost.

If like most you struggle with at least one of the teams from last year like 8 footy fans in my office no one remembered the scores or how those games went.

The point being, as Matabele as touched on no one cares how you get to a Grand Final, you are remembered for actually being in the GF. As the minutes tick by I hope Thurston is suspended, Webb is out injured and Bowen's leg gets strained at training and none of hem can play

Scott Tronc was on the panel? A current cowboys player! What is the NRL doing? Doesn't it even want to be taken seriously? A complete joke. It would seem we'll have to win by thirty to actually win.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6