Whingeing at after game press conferences

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weneedacement

Reserve Grader
Ok we know the refs are crap, always have been always will be. Thats footy.

I really hate seeing Des whinge after a loss, looks like sour grapes. Have a bit of dignity, cop it on the chin, because if it comes down to the refs call then you probably didn't do enough to win in the first place.

I'd usually agree with you , but the refereeing has been so woeful this season that it is going to cost a team big time.

I think all the complaining has been warranted.

Souths game was a shocker. Mind you I reckon he makes the point to ensure that the refs have one eye on the count the next time they officiate us. Put pressure on them.

Why would you not whinge ?
If somebody wrongs you, you retaliate. One of the few ways of appropriately doing this, in this instance, is public whinging. Another is a personal telling off. Des has used both methods.
If people think that there's no repercussions for their actions, they'll continue and maybe go further.

We did do enough to win the Souths game, by a long shot. In the Warriors game the tide was turned because the team didn't react well to dodgy calls. I agree that this needs to improve if we're to win in September but it's a position that we should never have had to be in and a gift that the Warriors had no place in receiving.

This sort of thing is a societal problem, football just gives us a microcosm to study. It's an old fasioned kick in the guts, if you just cop it, the next one will crack your ribs.

I really hate seeing Des whinge after a loss, looks like sour grapes. Have a bit of dignity, cop it on the chin, because if it comes down to the refs call then you probably didn't do enough to win in the first place.
Totally agree, it pisses me off when coach's and players look for a cop out, it shows a lack of mental toughness not to continue performing at your best after a set back.

It's not like they were duded with 1 minute to go when behind by a few points.

[quote author=weneedacement]

It's not like they were duded with 1 minute to go when behind by a few points.

[/quote]

Absolutely agree. We had ample chances to win both games and while we did receive e a few dud calls, we lost both games because of poor ball handling and bad options.

However, I disagree about making comments at the press conference. This is the only opportunity coaches get to speak their minds about the game without getting fined. Des has been quite good, in both press conferences he has said that the team played poorly and were their own worst enemy, but also pointed out the refs havent helped. Which I think is fine.

You have to come out and have a whinge sometimes to keep them on their toes.

imo it does not matter if they are dudded with 1 minute to go or 30 minutes to go as it can still have the same affect.

I get some peoples points that if you are good enough you should still win however if a player stuffs up they have to deal with it and will accountable, if a ref stuffs up that is not the case. It is something the players or coach can not control which is why it frustrates them so much.

In the first place, its only your interpretation thats its whinging and sour grapes.

Secondly, it isnt whinging if the criticism is warranted. It was criticism and it was warranted.

By your logic at every press conference there should be 'criticism' of referees, because in every game there are wrong calls - perceived or real. The last few losses have had little to do with the ref and lots to do with mental preparation. So u get a bad call and sulk and get flogged in the finals, no one will remember the call, just the result.

And it isn't my interpretation, I am one eyed when it comes to my team/coach. But when Manly beat someone, and their coach blames the ref - I always think whingeing w@nker...

If somebody wrongs you, you retaliate. One of the few ways of appropriately doing this, in this instance, is public whinging. Another is a personal telling off. Des has used both methods.
If people think that there's no repercussions for their actions, they'll continue and maybe go further.

We did do enough to win the Souths game, by a long shot. In the Warriors game the tide was turned because the team didn't react well to dodgy calls. I agree that this needs to improve if we're to win in September but it's a position that we should never have had to be in and a gift that the Warriors had no place in receiving.

This sort of thing is a societal problem, football just gives us a microcosm to study. It's an old fasioned kick in the guts, if you just cop it, the next one will crack your ribs.

Bullsh!t, thats the easy way out.
Analogy - If your boss chips you at work and you don't agree, by your logic the best way to sort it out is to whinge to everyone else about it. Crap - you take it up with the individual i.e. refs boss.

Analogy - If your boss chips you at work and you don't agree, by your logic the best way to sort it out is to whinge to everyone else about it. Crap - you take it up with the individual i.e. refs boss.

[/quote]

That's really gonna help. every week finch admits his ref's F@#$ up and say's tough titties. He's supposed to be in charge but nothing has changed.

They are just too inconsistent and none of them seem to be on the same page.

One of em is going to send a team out of the finals.

That's really gonna help. every week finch admits his ref's F@#$ up and say's tough titties. He's supposed to be in charge but nothing has changed.

Thats my point, its part of footy. Always has been - Always will be. Until a robot referees

[quote author=nodd]

Thats my point, its part of footy. Always has been - Always will be. Until a robot referees
[/quote]

If it was the ref and two touchies getting it wrong, well fine that's footy and they are only human.

They watch the video replay 20 times, slow it down to a frame per second, watch it another bloody 20 times and still get it wrong.

If you, I, the commentaters and blind freddy can see it is wrong, why can't the officials?

take it back to the referee and touchies calling it in real time and i don't really have a problem. If they want to use technology- GET IT RIGHT or at least be consistent.

If they can't get it right i reckon players,coaches and spectators should "whinge " the roof down.

[quote author=Duff]

[/quote]

That's the preferable method, but some people don't react well to being smacked in the face by logic by one person, so you have to get many on board.

I'm all for taking it up with the culprit one on one, in general life. In this instance though, you'll just get told to go away, most likely.

And that Souths game, dude, I don't know what you were watchuing but the ref had way more to do with that result than any player or team on that night.
We had one go the other way, the Penriff game @ Penriff. They somehow won, thankfully, because I would've been rather embarrassed as a Manly supporter to have robbed them in that way.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2