Which Qld team to relocate?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which Queensland team would you relocate?

• Broncos

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Titans

Votes: 30 54.5%

• Total voters
Frankly the Broncos have had an astonishingly bad season on and off the field. They made a huge mistake with choice of coach and their player retention and squad management has left me scratching my head. In view of the financial backing this club has and the favorable
treatment they receive in scheduling their capitulation this year will have caused shock waves within the NRL and north of the border. Add that the the Cowboys lack of success, the Titans train wreck and the loss of back to back origin series the season is one to forget for Queenslanders.

Looking more and more likely the QLD experiment has failed and the teams North of the border will likely fold/merge/relocate.

I am liking the sounds of the Central Coast BearTits

you stole my line haha

Looking more and more likely the QLD experiment has failed and the teams North of the border will likely fold/merge/relocate.

I am liking the sounds of the Central Coast BearTits
The GC Suns are a basket case too so if the AFL with all their power and money can't make it work why do the NRL think they have it worked out.

Frankly the Broncos have had an astonishingly bad season on and off the field. They made a huge mistake with choice of coach and their player retention and squad management has left me scratching my head. In view of the financial backing this club has and the favorable
treatment they receive in scheduling their capitulation this year will have caused shock waves within the NRL and north of the border.
I'd be putting a good part of the blame at Bennet's feet. Every time he leaves a club it crumbles to a heap. I wonder why? Last year it seemed pretty obvious and I get the feeling that as soon as things don't go his way he starts to sow dissent across the organisation.

Waiting for the NRL to come and bail them out again....just like after NSW won a couple of origins (and the concept was dead...but of course nothing after the Queensland domination)

To be honest , apart from a magnificent stadium to play out of the Titans are on a hiding to nothing.

The trouble is the Goldie is full of people from various parts of NSW and VIC.

They really don’t give a **** about a local side , with really no local connections.

They are doomed , should be arseholed before the next TV rights deal.

If they decided on a side to replace them in QLD you really have to elevate of the existing QCup sides, the Dolphins at Redcliffe in the north, Wynnum Manly in the Redlands ( where I live) or the Ippy Jets out at Ipswich in the west.

I’d play them out of Suncorp, a city the size of Brizvegas deserves more than one game every two weeks.

As bad as the Broncos are going OR the Cowboys in Townsville are going they are never going to be booted.

Given all of Queensland seemed to support them and be outraged over the DCE backflip this would be a great idea HM.

I reckon beenleigh, on the train line between the 2 stadiums so you could do a manly and play 10 at suncorp and 2 in tits town . Great developement area , steeped in league tradition. The area could do with a boost . Great youth potential and a really great thing to do for that community.

I get cleveland have some similar traits though i just think with the stadiums run the way they are and the purpose built train station at robina beenleigh would get better state support

However i vote the cows. Always whining they need sat night games because there fans have to travel so take the game to them . Relocate them to ingham or Innisfail

I'm all for relocating the Broncos to Siberia or somewhere similar but not this year. I love watching their porous defence, their bumbling attack and their coach in denial. This year they have brought me great joy.

Gold Coast and far northern coastal N S W having an N R L presence will not be easily relinquished with the still ongoing footy code "s strategic planning and competing for the sporting public 's hearts and minds there . Always should remain a strong league area and solid junior base , just needs some stable and long term administrations running the show there . Sure that if Ryan James and Brimson and Shannon Boyd are available and playing their best , Titans are a much better side . Same with Fifita and Steggs for the Broncs well, maybe not much better the way they are performing now . Cows have certainly been ordinary , hope that that continues when Manly play them

Gold Coast and far northern coastal N S W having an N R L presence will not be easily relinquished with the still ongoing footy code "s strategic planning and competing for the sporting public 's hearts and minds there . Always should remain a strong league area and solid junior base , just needs some stable and long term administrations running the show there . Sure that if Ryan James and Brimson and Shannon Boyd are available and playing their best , Titans are a much better side . Same with Fifita and Steggs for the Broncs well, maybe not much better the way they are performing now . Cows have certainly been ordinary , hope that that continues when Manly play them

Agree with much you say there Al. The code needs a team on the far north NSW Coast/Gold Coast region. It needs good administration and tradition, which means a premiership or two under its belt. One of the reasons I support a draft system (with refinements from the A.F.L. structure) is to break the hegemony of a couple of sides that are obviously being given arm chair rides with hidden financial assistance and a manipulation of those poorly structured and policed TPA rules, so minor clubs can start to bring back supporters in their areas and boost the impact of the game.

North Queensland does OK but without Thurston, we are starting to see the limitations of their player strength. Again the draft would ensure they maintain a strong player base.

I wouldn't be relocating any side at this stage and I would also be adding two new teams, one from Perth the other from Brisbane. The code needs to expand and the more teams available, the more young people will play the game and the more people will then support the code. As a consequence, like in all business it seems, sponsorship will follow if companies see that their business can be promoted and overall this would increase revenue through the media. At present there is too much short term and reactionary thinking.

As it is the game is being stifled by various elements of self interest, especially where certain clubs' backers want their side constantly at the top by whatever means they can. Clubs need backers, but we also need to curtail just how much power they have in the game to ensure equity across the code. Unlimited hegemony must be ended if the game is to grow.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8