WHERE'S THE $35 MILLION?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure why everyone is hot under the collar ontbe Penns in this.

You should be directing the questions to the Leagues Club board of the time (under the then Chairman Bob Reilly) - they sold the farm for a few grains of rice.

The reason people are upset, and yes it's very old news, is because Penn likes to trot out the old "our family pours over $1mil a year into the team".

Good luck to him I say. But quit the bleeding heart stuff, he already appears to be a clown, don't add to that.

If he bought it for 7.5m and sold for 35m then the government has some serious coin in taxes to spend on our stadium. Every cloud ...
Just for interest sake on the figures bandied about:

$35.0m proceeds
($7.5m) purchase
($0.5m) legals on purchase
($1.4m) stamp duty
($0.5m) selling costs
$25.1m profit
($7.5m) company tax at 30%
$17.6m profit after tax

Not enough for a decent new stand, perhaps a lick of paint for the timber benches, some furniture and a couple of new pie warmers?

I was replying to Ricardo to show that the govt’s tax take out of Penn flipping the leagues club sight would only have netted something like $7.5m at best, not advocating that Penn fund Brookie as its not his to rebuild.

The Penn's have a history at buying things under true value. Not only the Leagues club, but Max's shares in the ownership of the club.

Some say it's good business, some would say opportunistic.

The question still hangs around the families true loyalty to the club's legacy and history.

Just for interest sake on the figures bandied about:

$35.0m proceeds
($7.5m) purchase
($0.5m) legals on purchase
($1.4m) stamp duty
($0.5m) selling costs
$25.1m profit
($7.5m) company tax at 30%
$17.6m profit after tax

Not enough for a decent new stand, perhaps a lick of paint for the timber benches, some furniture and a couple of new pie warmers?
Would it be company tax or capital gains tax that would apply in this instance ? Either way , probably about or almost the same rate but that would not take into and possible account, any profit shifting measures . Irrespective still a pretty handy profit margin realized .

Agree @manly al and that’s why I mentioned $7.5m being best case tax collection for the government. Doesn’t factor in using carry fwd tax losses, 50% CGT discount if the property was held in a trust instead of a company, profit shifting etc. FYI if a company makes a capital gain it pays company tax on the net gain. Capital gains tax is not separately levied tax to income tax, despite the name.

Agree @manly al and that’s why I mentioned $7.5m being best case tax collection for the government. Doesn’t factor in using carry fwd tax losses, 50% CGT discount if the property was held in a trust instead of a company, profit shifting etc. FYI if a company makes a capital gain it pays company tax on the net gain. Capital gains tax is not separately levied tax to income tax, despite the name.
Can you do my taxes :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7