Where's our redevelopment cash?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

oztwicker

Rookie
My rant today is that I am super annoyed and frustrated after reading the proposal that the eels are looking for upgrades to Parra stadium and the likely hood that the state government is looking at that as an option. Other options include building a new stadium in the west or further upgrades of other existing grounds including Penrith’s home ground. I’m not begrudging these teams or western Sydney money to do this, but why is it that these grounds, plus the continue upgrades of other NRL grounds (some of them part time grounds) such as WIN Stadium and OKI Win stadium and the SCG when Brookvale has trouble getting anything but token band aid petty cash. None of the options include Brookvale oval, a ground that requires it more than any.

Like all true Manly fans I bleed Maroon and white and love everything about the Sea Eagles club. But Brookvale oval, in its current form is simply not good enough. It’s not just that Brookie is 30 years past its use buy date, that in its self is enough to warrant for redevelopment. It’s an embarrassment that we have a world class sporting team whom over the last 40 years has been one of the most successful club in the domestic and world stage, yet we still play at a ground that is looking like it is about to fall down and is nothing even remotely resembling a professional facility.

I know a Brookvale oval rant is nothing new on this site but unless something is done and done fast I have a real fear that we will have to be either relocated to the central coast , to the world worst stadium at Homebush (SFS would be the best of a bad situation if this was the case) or the worst of fates be dead as a club in the next 5-10 years because our ground is consider unsafe in its current condition. Don’t get me wrong I love a suburban ground, they are great, but the reality is that they are a dying breed in today’s modern pro sport for many reasons and unless something can be done we are going to be left behind as other clubs are handed new or improved grounds that are in keeping with the standards of a modern sporting competition.

I was born and bred in Wollongong, I fell in love with the Sea Eagles because Bob Fulton was the star of the day and who also came from the junior club I had just started playing at as a 7 year old. I was not alone, 2 of my best mates did the same and we now sit together in the Jane Try Stands, two of us coming from the eastern suburbs and the third still coming up from Wollongong. My dad when he was able would make the long trip to Brookvale oval and as a kid it was up there with him taking me to the SCG to watch the cricket. But the gloss has well and truly worn off now.

I have sent several emails to the club and have always received prompt replies assuring me that they are working towards a solution but I’m worried that due to inaction from all levels of government means that this is never going to happen on the scale required. We need a new stadium, and dare I say it more manly fans need to become members and go to as many home games as possible to support the club. For me, nothing short of a completely new, modern all (or at least 90%)seating stadium similar to the one on the gold coast will do. I know some of you love it on the hill, but those days are gone. To keep the club going financially it needs to be playing in a modern, corporate and family friendly facility that all manly fans and those living on the northern beaches can benefit from. Unless this is achieved at Brookvale or somewhere else in the northern beaches it is likely that the club will be based somewhere else or dead. Sad but true

Parra and Wanderers are whinging about the 'pittance' they are receiving.
No problems - give them nothing and send it north of the Spit Bridge. It is close to the small change we have been after to undertake a major revamp.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/parramatta-stadium-upgrade-falls-short-20130702-2p9uy.html

Id like to know this too. I have been redeveloping the site basically from week 3 of the competition and haven't seen one dollar of cash

oztwicker said:
My rant today is that I am super annoyed and frustrated after reading the proposal that the eels are looking for upgrades to Parra stadium and the likely hood that the state government is looking at that as an option.
This is the problem in a nutshell. Parramatta is the most likely hood, according to the boyz who wield the power.

I read they want us to move "home" games to Allianz!! hmmm Surely Abbott will come through with that promise.

Has the Fed govt $10m been stuffed in a store room at Brookie Oval for safe keeping?

I wonder how the meeting went on Friday with State Government

Dan said:
Id like to know this too. I have been redeveloping the site basically from week 3 of the competition and haven't seen one dollar of cash

Looks like you need a board lol to represent the needs of members on this site and also investors to ease the cash burden.

I've always wondered why there is not some kind of agreement with the MWSE online shop to have a direct tab/link to the online shop through Silvertails, not a banner but a direct tab above in the main menu.

The kind of die hard fan demographic that outlays large sums on merchandise each year is in ample supply here making it a perfect place for the online shop to target high spending return customers.

Each individual ip click to the shop from silvertails is worth 5cents and 2% of each sale from a direct link session goes to silvertails. You can advertise the link with a banner and in the end it is a win win situation on both sides with no real cash outlay.

I hardly ever visit the official site and rarely visit the online shop not due to avoiding the place just plain forget it exists.

In a perfect world with investors you could expand the variety of content(TC video analysis using footage that is under copyright lol) overwhelm the official site with your membership numbers then sell out.

I doubt most people here hardly ever frequent the official site unless it is for the odd report or digital media.

Technical Coach said:
Dan said:

Looks like you need a board lol to represent the needs of members on this site and also investors to ease the cash burden.

I've always wondered why there is not some kind of agreement with the MWSE online shop to have a direct tab/link to the online shop through Silvertails, not a banner but a direct tab above in the main menu.

The kind of die hard fan demographic that outlays large sums on merchandise each year is in ample supply here making it a perfect place for the online shop to target high spending return customers.

Each individual ip click to the shop from silvertails is worth 5cents and 2% of each sale from a direct link session goes to silvertails. You can advertise the link with a banner and in the end it is a win win situation on both sides with no real cash outlay.

I hardly ever visit the official site and rarely visit the online shop not due to avoiding the place just plain forget it exists.

In a perfect world with investors you could expand the variety of content(TC video analysis using footage that is under copyright lol) overwhelm the official site with your membership numbers then sell out.

I doubt most people here hardly ever frequent the official site unless it is for the odd report or digital media.

I agree and I explored this topic and line of revenue several times with Larissa and MWSE but the answer was always "no"

For several reasons, the MWSE website ties into their sponsorship and they don't want Silvertails being too official.
They also do not currently have the facility to record such links and tie back revenue to us, so there would be a real world dollar cost for them to set this up which would mean revenue decrease.

Further more merchandise is a core part of the MWSE business and dollar making machine, in order for us to do anything with it, it has to represent a real value add for them. It has never been their belief that we would add that much additional value and would more likely detract from it.

I explored the line of licensing to sell products our self, but the NRL will not provide licensing unless you are a bricks and mortar store or at least the cost to get to that point was prohibitive and they referred me to the mwse to see get their agreement which was rejected.

This year the marketing department have some budget to work with and things may change. However with Larissa moving on to the Eels I have not yet had any conversations with the new employee at Manly who has replaced her. Hopefully something is setup soon so that conversation can take place and be explored.

Even a trial period for a year would not hurt. For starters during this period recording such links and tie back revenue would not need to be implemented other than say during the checkout box stage an option to tick "how did you link/find out about this site") just to see the benefits of linking with Silvertails.

Promote on your site the online shop link tab and educate the users that it is important to tick "that option" during checkout to support the site.

I don't get why MWSE or the official site and the sponsorship links are such a big hurdle, in the end it is about increasing numbers visiting the shop and increasing sales. Your site has the potential to provide growth in the same way as any form of advertising by replacing an advertising banner which users prefer to not hit with a direct link tab.

I can't even remember the last time i have clicked on an advertising banner to go to a site, i think most people have the mentality that clicking banners equals malware and pop ups.

How would your site detract from the present value/revenue the online shop generates now, i'm not suggesting you compete selling your own merchandise in competition but to help increase the numbers and sales to the official shop.(would be nice to sell merchandise but my original post was not along those lines)

Hardcore fans and repeat business go hand in hand on top of bigger outlays per transaction. This site offers a great way to target such a lucrative demographic without the need to waste funds doing market research to find out where these people are located.

Ah well just sayin lol....(Back to being TC now)

Technical Coach said:
I don't get why MWSE or the official site and the sponsorship links are such a big hurdle, in the end it is about increasing numbers visiting the shop and increasing sales. Your site has the potential to provide growth in the same way as any form of advertising by replacing an advertising banner which users prefer to not hit with a direct link tab.

I can't even remember the last time i have clicked on an advertising banner to go to a site, i think most people have the mentality that clicking banners equals malware and pop ups.
Can I just say on this point...I was a little bit the same, but after doing a ton of affiliate marketing I don't believe it's the case now. That mentality is a little bit outdated. I mean for awhile my better half was doing a grand a day just on advertising credit cards for....woolworths I think. I initially couldn't believe that many people would sign up online to give us that sorta cash. - I'll stop as I sound like a dodgy advert.

How would your site detract from the present value/revenue the online shop generates now, i'm not suggesting you compete selling your own merchandise in competition but to help increase the numbers and sales to the official shop.(would be nice to sell merchandise but my original post was not along those lines)

Ah well just sayin lol....(Back to being TC now)

The biggest impediment for doing the things you are asking, I have found, is that the people in charge of the electronic side of things, just aren't skilled or trained enough to grasp the concepts. Hence it's easier to say no. Yet everyone thinks they are an IT expert because they have a website they designed in the early 1990's.

globaleagle said:
The biggest impediment for doing the things you are asking, I have found, is that the people in charge of the electronic side of things, just aren't skilled or trained enough to grasp the concepts. Hence it's easier to say no. Yet everyone thinks they are an IT expert because they have a website they designed in the early 1990's.

Its not a tech issue GE. Dan could brief you better than I could but it is & always has been a perceived conflict of interest (one that is totally misguided IMO)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4