Where we lost it!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

the mauler

Bencher
I begin this blog by emphasising that even tho we lost last night,gee there are some really great signs for the rest of the year. As noted previously, im blown away by the young talent thats come through this year,and the loss last night hasnt deterred my optimsim for the rest of the season. the rabbits really attacked the side of foran and buhrer,and buhrer was caught out a number of times in defence(positionally)as im pretty sure that hes probably not played centre before.they scored 3 or 4 very soft tries down that side, and a couple from kicks.Our defence up the middle looks pretty good,and once we get our outside backs settled wel be sweet.This isnt an attack on buhrer we just are really down for outside backs at the moment and probably had no available options last night.But boy is he going to be some sort of player! His footwork,and workrate are unbelievable,just what we were crying out for in the backrow!

Totally agree.

I don't fear Souths if we play them again this year. No doubt in my mind that we would have won last night had Stewart and Mattai played.

I will second that!!

Cant believe people on this site are bagging DCE after last night... No idea.

DCE is a great player and will be a gun!!!

I have never felt so good after a loss due to the great young talent coming through
Good years ahead!!!

I agree, I can't understand why people are giving to DCE.  If a few of our forwards had of run straight and hard, which they did when the game was lost, and not committed a few errors, then we could have won.  We lost it through a little inexperience, which you can only get through playing more games, and the loss of Stewart at the back.  I walked away thinking this time last year we would have had 20 put on us.  We almost pulled that one out of the fire, a little undeserved imo.  We'll do much better as the season progresses.     

i agree dsm5, hit man.Dce is 21, played 4 1st grade games 4 fuk sake! what do people expect? His kicking game is something weve been crying out for for years.(sure rather his kicking game compared 2 orfords popgun efforts). itl take him a while 2 get used to taking control of games.Thatl come with more experience,his defence is sound,and hes got agood running game. For me he ticks alot of boxes a halfback needs 2 be successful. No young halfback comes straight in and dominates, it usually takes a couple of years before they reach that stage.eg thurston prince.Just be patient this guys a keeper.

To use a Tennis term, unforced errors.  Most of their tries came off the back of a mistake by us.  I've mentioned elsewhere, we matched up really poorly numbers wise on several occasions.  They didn't always score but they usually made a heap of metres.  Nothing that can't be fixed up as we seem to have a good attitude in the squad which takes you a long way.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6