Where to from here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With Parker likely out & Elliott filling in for Turbo, is there any chance Jorge moves in one for Parker while Funa fills the other centre spot, with either Miski or Schuster on Jorge's wing?

Would be a good way to commence Jorge's eventual move to the back row & also to blood Schuster.

My prediction if Parker is fit:
1. Elliot
2. Taufua
3. Parker
4. Funa
5. Garrick
6. Croker
7. DCE

If Parker isn’t fit
1. Metcalf
2. Taufua
3. Elliot
4. Funa
5. Garrick
6. Croker
7. DCE

I think I heard Parker arguing about going off and the trainer said," ok...just come off and pass the hia and then you can come back on!

Parker wont fall for that one again..lol.

I'm hoping he is ok. Don't risk the noggin' though.

Pretty obvious (!) that the replacements will be these...
Assuming Marty and Jorge return but Turbo Parker and Walker are out

Marty in to start, Keppie back to bench, Boyle unlucky to drop out
Jorge in, Parker out - Funa moves in one spot to centre for Parker
Walker out, Croker to 5/8, Cust comes in to no. 14 role
Turbo out, Elliot to fullback, Schuster comes in to debut at right centre
Parker will be back In time

boo

I was just going to post that "T-rex was a winger...wasn't he? Throw him back in!!" - But I was kidding about winger.

Anyone know much about Metcalf? Bio says he is a halfback.

Metcalf is probably more suited at fullback but Des will play Elliot.

Its a shame Burbo wasnta year older as hehas played some centre.

I think I heard Parker arguing about going off and the trainer said," ok...just come off and pass the hia and then you can come back on!

Parker wont fall for that one again..lol.

I'm hoping he is ok. Don't risk the noggin' though.

I'm still trying to work out what actually happened, because he looked asleep before his head hit the ground.

I saw him slip but then from the way he fell I assumed he had been hit with an arm or knee by the Raiders player coming over the top.

Hit post before I finished . We never looked like scoring a point after Tom went. That’s what we will be dealing with going forward without Dylan , Fainu and Tom. With Croker at five eight we will win via defence or lose. Not a knock on him. That’s his his style and we don’t have other real options.
Tom scored that try on his own and set the other up. Croker had zero to do with it. If Tommy not there nothing at all happens.They were just vanilla spreads to the left before Tom got it .And that’s the point. Frog won’t be passing to Tom now.

May work , may not but this year there are a lot more top flight sides so winning on defence week in week out is not going to be easy.You won’t beat Roosters Parra Penrith Knights with 10 points.But Frog deserves a crack no doubt.He will give 100 per cent and has good basic skills and a decent kick as you say .

Last edited:
Just a thought from left field. Conventional wisdom is that a top 4 finish is necessary for a realistic shot at winning the grand final.
This is probably still true but on the other hand...that applied to seasons where players have been flogged over 25 or so rounds, and the top players also had gas taken out by enervating Origin series.
This weird season will see finals coming after only 20 games. Actually, only 18 since the long covid 19 lay-off. And without the draining Origin series.
As I say, probably makes no difference. But it just might?
For what its worth we finish with 'winnable' games against Tigers (on 5th September) then the Dogs, Titans and Warriors. The problem will be making sure we are still within striking distance by then.

Where to from here?

Do what we can to compete this year, bring up Hoppa and Schuster later on IF we have a roster in good shape, and maybe make the semi's.

We have critical problems at (6/7) and 9 that need to be addressed before we are a premiership threat.

Fainu's future should be known before november 1 so he either is good to go for next year or he needs to be replaced by a GOOD number 9. Either way Levi goes.

Our halves problem is bigger. DCE is our captain and marquee player and is being required to play a role he can't...guiding the team around the park and being our dominant kicker in general play.
He can't!
His talents are in broken play created by the forward pack AND a person who's role he is already playing... and very good defence.
His kicking game is the odd 40/20 maybe finding the line when that is what we need to do.
He is a 6.
Schuster may be a 6, but we already have a 1.3M dollar one and he may end up in the back row.
We NEED a 7 if we are going to pay him 1.3M of our cap for the next 5 years. This is our prime problem.

We will have money from Thommo, Levi, a few others who will be moved on and possibly Fainu.
There doesn't appear to be any upgrades needed for next year.

Find a 7 and maybe a 9 and we have a premiership winning team in 2021.
Build it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4