Where Manly would be without reffing howlers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Screenshot_20200706-231414_Samsung Internet.jpg

We have long been told to hate Manly – but this is becoming ridiculous.

Rival fans could be forgiven for doing the unthinkable, and that’s feel sorry for the historically disliked Sea Eagles, who have now been dudded by match-defining blunders three times in the past nine games.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley has conceded Manly should have received a crucial penalty on full-time in Sunday’s 14-12 loss to Newcastle which would have given the Sea Eagles a chance to kick a match-levelling goal.

Annesley’s admission has continued a wretched run for Manly, who were robbed in an elimination semi-final against South Sydney last year and then again in round four against Parramatta this season.

The Eels result alone should have the Sea Eagles in seventh position, instead of languishing in 10th and missing their No.1 go-forward prop in Addin Fonua-Blake.

Had they been awarded, and made, the penalty goal against the Knights, the Sea Eagles could have soared into the top four with an extra-time victory.

“Everyone knows that you will get some good calls and some bad calls. That‘s always been the case and we accept that,” Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

“They say that bad luck comes in threes and wise heads say that the good and bad calls even themselves out over the course of a season. If that‘s the case then we have a lot to look forward to.”

Furious at the decision to deny his side a late penalty, Fonua-Blake was sent off for calling referee Grant Atkins a “f***ing r**ard” – even though video referee Jared Maxwell made the decision.

Fonua-Blake is expected to plead guilty to a grade three contrary conduct charge and serve a two-game suspension, although Manly could opt to challenge the grading. Should he fight and lose at an NRL judiciary hearing, Fonua-Blake will be banned for three games.

Manly’s horror recent luck dates back to Jake Trbojevic’s highly contentious sin-binning in last year’s semi-final to Souths, when the Rabbitohs scored twice in his absence to reverse a 26-20 deficit and win 34-26.

At the time, Manly coach Des Hasler said: “Do I think we were dudded? Yep, I think we were dudded.”

The Sea Eagles were denied a matchwinning try against Parramatta in round four this year when a legitimate Tom Trbojevic pass to winger Ruben Garrick was wrongly declared forward.

At the time, Annesley said: “The forward pass call was incorrect.”

And on Sunday against Newcastle, Sea Eagles winger Tevita Funu kicked ahead inside the final minute before being illegitimately pushed over in what should have resulted in a penalty and allowed Manly a chance to level the scores 14-all.

“Having reviewed the footage in great detail, in my opinion, Manly should have been awarded a penalty,” Annesley said on Monday.

“The video referee, in his judgment, determined that (Newcastle centre) Bradman Best was already committed to the tackle when the ball was kicked.

“But, in my view, there was sufficient time for Best to adjust even though the whole incident took place within a split second. In my judgment, I think the penalty was warranted.”

Fonua-Blake issued a public apology to Atkins after the game for his language in a foul-mouthed tirade.

“Addin has apologised to the referees and spoke about the respect we all need to have for referees and their decisions,” Humphreys said.

“He has also apologised for the specific language he used which was clearly inappropriate and regrettable. Addin has been charged by the NRL and he has copped that.”

Despite the error, Maxwell is expected to retain his video refereeing role for this weekend when the appointments are announced on Tuesday afternoon.

Replays showed it was less than half a second between Funa’s kick and Best’s tackle.

Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans and Jake Trbojevic protested to Atkins on field before the 118kg was prop marched for dissent.

The NRL did, however, support Atkins’ decision to sin bin Cherry-Evans during the first half.

To be honest what's done is done and won't change, but the lasting effect this might have towards Manly might finally go some way to changing the administration and wider games animosity towards us.

Sure it leaves a bad taste in our mouth in regards to what may have been however, I'm happy the recognition has been made and we can feel somewhat justified in our feelings and not just come across as one eyed, conspiratorial whingers.

Onwards and upwards from here I say, as always against the odds we're still in this.

It's Monday (here) and I'm still battling my thoughts about hoping covid gets this whole season tossed.

Maybe Manly should not have spent all their money defending the arl back in the super league war days. Helped save the game and are still treated like pariahs.

It had no bearing but last weeks try when sirro didnt get taken out but did was a video howler of massive proportions. Honestly they have to be on the piss. You cant be a professional ref and just miss such obvious moments in a game. Are the refs drug tested. Surely its time to ask

Compounded by the fact cherry was binned for essentially the same issue of holding on to the arm.

Its time law enforcement is utilised to ensure referee integrity. Its the one thing vlandys hasnt yet attended too. The refs became agenda driven under harrigan and have yet to be put back in there box.

Its time law enforcement is utilised to ensure referee integrity. Its the one thing vlandys hasnt yet attended too. The refs became agenda driven under harrigan and have yet to be put back in there box.

Yup, including all financial records and electronic devices.

Yup, including all financial records and electronic devices.

a new set of stats regarding actual time and metere for all teams
Meaning
Do some refs allow some teams more latitude in the ruck time wise. And if reported are there alarming disparaties with particualr teams and refs, also the 10 m rule. How its applied per team per ref.

The restart 6 again stat, how , when, scores. Proper analysis.

I know betting would love these stats. As would the punter . The NRL would not want them collected so it needs to be independent and the only way i see that happening is under law enforcement, as no one would get permission

But it needs to be done. It stinks

These things don't come in threes for Manly. They just keep coming. There was also the Dragons game at the Gong in early 2019.
NRL football chief Graham Annesley has admitted referee Dave Munro should have blown a penalty in the controversial finish to Saturday’s clash between Manly and St George Illawarra.

It's Monday (here) and I'm still battling my thoughts about hoping covid gets this whole season tossed.

Maybe Manly should not have spent all their money defending the arl back in the super league war days. Helped save the game and are still treated like pariahs.
Ah, yes, if Manly defect to Super League our future would have been secured

I've recently listened to a podcast called Rabbit Hole. Among many other things related to the internet it discusses the platform for conspiracy theorists, such as, in regards to Covid, etc.
I thought to myself that there's one area I am a complete conspiracy theorist - Manly and NRL.
Things just happen too often.:banghead:

Not only was the push a penalty it was a sin binning offence. Best should have been marched.
Garrick kicks the goal and Manly is playing against 12 men in Golden Point.
But no.
The Vidiot who made the mistake - and I use the word lightly because it was the fourth decision he had made against Manly in that match - caused the blow-up and yet escapes punishment.
There was no excuse for AFB's remarks, but the Vidiot continues to skew RL results which suggests that where gambling is involved something is rotten.

There are some away games especially where I watch a match thinking are we going to be allowed to win today?

Three times in the last decade that has happened at Parramatta and its really frustrating to see the team put in such a big effort only to be denied by terrible officiating.

Club games are hard enough, finals are really hard to take. 13 GF against the Roosters was really bad because two key decisions ruined our chance of winning that game, 14, loss to the filth dogs in golden point when we should have had a penalty for blatant offside infront, 17 loss when Sutton allows Peachey to score from a blatant knock on and 19 when he bins Jake and allows the Vermin to win. Its also gone our way as in 2012 we got a try when there was a knock on against the Cows

Decisions go for and against you. I just wish we had a system where officials were accountable for their errors.

Watching Cummings make that decision reversal screwed Canberra in last years GF and premierships are like gold. I remember the 95 grand final and watching Eddie Ward give them a try from a blatant forward pass and then 7 tackles which decided the game. We also benefitted from a 7 tackle in the 70s and we were not allowed to forget that for years.

You want to see the players decide a match rather than officials, they talk about home ground advantage and that applies to certain clubs more than others it seems!!

TBH I don't think Garrick would've kicked the goal. We did deserve a shot at it but the forward pass call against Parra was way worse as far as robberies go.
In both of those games there were two incidents which certainly did cost us both games, it was allowing the opposition to score on the very last tackle of the first half, dumb game management put us in that position

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6