Where Eagles Dare to Tread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
'Where Eagles Dare to fly' perhaps, but agreed, I don't think this is in keeping with the style of Des, however, I like the idea though, I think a documentary about Manly in general, including the coach interactions, but also players, with some imagination it could be an annual promo, how about you get access to something like this for new members for a change instead of the lanyard, it couldnt hurt to think about.

If done via a Netflix etc (Sunderland till I die/Drive to Survive Style) it would potentially bring new fans and sponsorship dollars to the club.

But will never happen

I sat through 15 cringeworthy minutes and concluded 2 things; Pascoe is pretty uninspiring as a CEO and that team is the most micromanaged group of players in the NRL.
Absolute hard no for us to do something similar.

I sat through 15 cringeworthy minutes and concluded 2 things; Pascoe is pretty uninspiring as a CEO and that team is the most micromanaged group of players in the NRL.
Absolute hard no for us to do something similar.
I had a look at it last night, it made me more confident about beating them this week.
How long has Pascoe been in charge? He didn't impress, must have some hidden abilities I suppose.
Although an old league adage is that success starts in the front office, and that club has not had success for 15 years!

I hope you sun is shinning as bright as it always does up QLD way and you are keeping safe and well @Brisbane Tragic

Did you watch the Wild west documentary ?
@BOZO thanks mate - always fab up here. I haven't watched it yet but have recorded it. I think it will be interesting to see what happens. I think Madge is a good coach - very hard task master from what I have heard but I think he has been clutching at straws to fill roster holes to get a quick fix and that is the wrong way to develop your roster. So it will be interesting mate to see how the doco pans out and if he survives but his surviving really depends on his ability to get to the end of the year with a job. I have a feeling this weekend we might put a huge score on them and the drums will start beating again. Did you watch the doco?

@BOZO thanks mate - always fab up here. I haven't watched it yet but have recorded it. I think it will be interesting to see what happens. I think Madge is a good coach - very hard task master from what I have heard but I think he has been clutching at straws to fill roster holes to get a quick fix and that is the wrong way to develop your roster. So it will be interesting mate to see how the doco pans out and if he survives but his surviving really depends on his ability to get to the end of the year with a job. I have a feeling this weekend we might put a huge score on them and the drums will start beating again. Did you watch the doco?
I have seen the doco feathered friend .
I thought it was very inspirational . Lots of passion and emotional high and lows . An intimate inside observation and feel for the coach, the players and the game .

If the Wild West boys played with the same commitment, discipline and passion as their coach they would have won more games .
I hope you enjoy the doco.

I thought McGuire came out of the first episode with credit. It showed a softer side to him than I had imagined. He really bleeds when watching, but then again so do all rusted-on fans.
I occasionally get asked: "Why do you get so invested whenever Manly plays? (what they really mean is: at your age shouldn't you be more mature?)
My cliched answer is: 'tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all which has my inquisitors shaking their heads slowly and feeling sorry for me.

I thought McGuire came out of the first episode with credit. It showed a softer side to him than I had imagined. He really bleeds when watching, but then again so do all rusted-on fans.
I occasionally get asked: "Why do you get so invested whenever Manly plays? (what they really mean is: at your age shouldn't you be more mature?)
My cliched answer is: 'tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all which has my inquisitors shaking their heads slowly and feeling sorry for me.
I admire and feel your passion @The Who.
Nothing great has ever been achieved without passion
and without passionate people like you no Great club exists

Keep up the passionate support for our Great club feathered friend

I have seen the doco feathered friend .
I thought it was very inspirational . Lots of passion and emotional high and lows . An intimate inside observation and feel for the coach, the players and the game .

If the Wild West boys played with the same commitment, discipline and passion as their coach they would have won more games .
I hope you enjoy the doco.
Thank you mate and agreed he is a committed coach and I think a good coach. I will let you know what I think.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4