Where does this leave Parcell?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reserves at the moment. As much as I rate him, keep a winning combination together. Injuries have dictated the team enough so Matt can join our history's other elite players to shake hands with the reggies coach. No disgrace just a momentarily healthy, winning roster.
I agree he'll be a champion in time.

You pack of clowns!

The reason we are finally competing and playing like a first grade football side is because we are developing a "style" of footy that involves lots of second phase play and moving the opposition pack around the middle; Api is revolutionising the way we are play. I feel confident that something will simply "happen" with Api sniffing around. He creates so many headaches for the opposition and takes pressure off our halves. I'll pay for Parcell's airfare back to QLD.

The most boring patch of Manly football I have ever seen involved Parcell dishing off or running really fast into the markers. There was no enterprise in our play whatsoever and it all changed the day Api was given sole reign of the 9 position. He was rusty coming back from injury early in the year and Parcell got the jump because he is no-frills but the real champion has arrived; Koroisau for PM!

You pack of clowns!

The reason we are finally competing and playing like a first grade football side is because we are developing a "style" of footy that involves lots of second phase play and moving the opposition pack around the middle; Api is revolutionising the way we are play. I feel confident that something will simply "happen" with Api sniffing around. He creates so many headaches for the opposition and takes pressure off our halves. I'll pay for Parcell's airfare back to QLD.

The most boring patch of Manly football I have ever seen involved Parcell dishing off or running really fast into the markers. There was no enterprise in our play whatsoever and it all changed the day Api was given sole reign of the 9 position. He was rusty coming back from injury early in the year and Parcell got the jump because he is no-frills but the real champion has arrived; Koroisau for PM!
Thank you sir!!! Api is a better player fullstop and I would rather him at 9 he provides more and is more dangerous who cares if one or 2 passes aren't prefect or he can't tackle a 120 kg monster! He is a way way better player. And he didn't even have an off season imagine him with an offseason he will be up there competing for a nsw jersey

Thank you sir!!! Api is a better player fullstop and I would rather him at 9 he provides more and is more dangerous who cares if one or 2 passes aren't prefect or he can't tackle a 120 kg monster! He is a way way better player. And he didn't even have an off season imagine him with an offseason he will be up there competing for a nsw jersey
I don't think Parcell is bad but if he is a future origin player than I might as well lace up my boots and have a run as well!

There was an interesting article I read last week about the predicability of teams in the NRL starting to erode a little as teams start to develop their own playing styles. You can access it here: https://m.nrl.com/monday-morning-halfback-new-era/tabid/10874/newsid/98535/default.aspx

It talks about how Melbourne are structured and methodical, Cowboys adapt their style according to the match at hand, Dogs play through the forwards, and Penrith like to offload.

Last year the game plan was ruck it into position to go either left to Foran with Snake out the back, or right to DCE with an edge back-rower running a hole. It was effective in 2013 but became very predicable. It looked like we were trying to do the same thing this year but with Stewart running on one leg and no Foran! Dumb!

Now it appears we are going to use second phase play and short passing around the ruck to exploit the middle before going wide as an after thought. I like this style a lot because well structured defence is impossible to go around. You will not get around Melbourne, Cowboys, etc. You have to go through them first. Api is creating headaches in the middle of the ruck that Parcell simply does not!

There was an interesting article I read last week about the predicability of teams in the NRL starting to erode a little as teams start to develop their own playing styles. You can access it here: https://m.nrl.com/monday-morning-halfback-new-era/tabid/10874/newsid/98535/default.aspx

It talks about how Melbourne are structured and methodical, Cowboys adapt their style according to the match at hand, Dogs play through the forwards, and Penrith like to offload.

Last year the game plan was ruck it into position to go either left to Foran with Snake out the back, or right to DCE with an edge back-rower running a hole. It was effective in 2013 but became very predicable. It looked like we were trying to do the same thing this year but with Stewart running on one leg and no Foran! Dumb!

Now it appears we are going to use second phase play and short passing around the ruck to exploit the middle before going wide as an after thought. I like this style a lot because well structured defence is impossible to go around. You will not get around Melbourne, Cowboys, etc. You have to go through them first. Api is creating headaches in the middle of the ruck that Parcell simply does not!

Tonight when Killer went off we got a small, 9 minute taste of what could be with Api into the halves with DCE. I know we're supposed to have signed Blake Green, but if we actually haven't then Api at 5/8 and Parcell at hooker might do ok. The only thing I don't like about a DCE/Api halves combo is that DCE works better with an organiser so he can just play what's in front of him and I am not sure that Api is that type of player.

The bit that I agree with most is Snake mentioning him "sniffing around..." Exactly right. He is always there, always wanting the ball, always looking to involve himself. That enthusiasm is massive for us as we start to build.

Api has great game awareness and has a knack for choosing the right play. He is great with his footwork and his playmaking skills are awesome too. Parcell is a future star though and I'd want both in the team. I say using Parcell off the bench late in either half could work really well for us. His speed is not something that tired forwards can defend against.

I wouldn't want Koroisau at 5/8 though. Him being able to choose when to play off the ball works well but if he were pressured into making a play every set or so then our backline wouldn't get as much quality ball as they do with Killer right now.

Any fool who makes emotional calls for Api based on belting Illawarra, is overlooking the fact Parcell would have killed them on the night behind that dominant pack.
Not prepared to knock Api on that effort, in fact, prefer to find a spot for both of them somehow.....but Parcell is the better player & once Manly click & maintain a spine that has DCE & Turbo with Parcell, plus a pack dominating like this game, will go to another level.

I'm unsure who should be #9 but it has to be said that when api left the field & they used brown at dummy half the service given there was s#!thouse. i would've preferred ferris shift to #9 at that point

I finally agreed with something Tallis said. Nobody owns a jersey you have to earn it. First grade sides should be picked on form when all the troops are available. Last night Api earned the number 9 jumper for our next game. Playing him at number 9 adds a third ball player and kick option. Tom T earned the number 1 jumper for the next game.

You pack of clowns!

Seriously snake the only clown here is people who call others clowns for having a different opinion. Parcell plays tonight we win by the same type of margin. The results are coming from DCE and Killer in the halves and some improved forward play by Darcy , AFB etc.

Api is good, but he is not the reason we won last night or have played better in the last two games.

It's a conundrum.

Was in the Parcell camp, but Api's past 2 performances have swung me on to his side.

Though, as someone compared their match stats, I believe what Api does has greater effect on the game. A possible reason for his improvement may be that the players around him are starting to read him better and support his plays.

One thing I do predict, is whichever way Barrett goes, he will be bagged for it.

It's a conundrum.

Was in the Parcell camp, but Api's past 2 performances have swung me on to his side.

Though, as someone compared their match stats, I believe what Api does has greater effect on the game. A possible reason for his improvement may be that the players around him are starting to read him better and support his plays.

One thing I do predict, is whichever way Barrett goes, he will be bagged for it.
Turbo Google some of the Ipswich holidays from last year I think you will find parcell is every bit the ball playing hooker. Korisau chances his arm a bit more but this is parcels first real run in the NRL and he's been pretty good from what I've seen so far.

My 2c - I'd have Parcell as the starting hooker and Api on the bench.

As plenty of others have said, Parcell is the better dummy-half - cleaner, crisper passing and rock solid defence in the middle. Has a lot of Matt Ballin about him, with the added bonus of a running game.

I could see the two working in a rotation, as we've done before with guys like Heath L'Estrange coming off the bench 15 mins before half time to change it up a bit. Api would be perfect for that role, whereas Parcell is your super-fit workhorse who can easily play 80 mins if you need him to. Parcell would also be able to slot into lock/second row if you wanted him and Api on the field together for a spell.

Why not use a formula that worked very well for us previously?

Api is a competitor but is without doubt the worst passer of a football for an NRL number 9 I have seen for years,maybe ever. He cannot pass at all from left to right.

DCE is the most important player on the field for us yet almost every pass he receives inside the red zone is behind him and denies him time. I cannot believe people can watch a game of football and not see this.

Our tries last night came from individual brilliance and opportunism against appalling opposition.To be honest some of our structured stuff in the red zone last night was embarrassing and the speed of service is directly responsible as it forces our attack to flatten and our backs are always slowing down to stay behind the ball.

Api adds enthusiasm and utility value but to put him at 9 borders on the ridiculous.

If we keep TT at one,maintain the licence given to our pigs who almost to a man pass well,get Parcell back at 9 and Api adding enthusiasm off the bench when needed we will win most of our next 8 games.We simply cannot play the power game like the top sides as we don't have the cattle but a concentration on second phase play gives guys like Buhrer, Jake,AFB etc a chance to really shine- especially with gamebreakers like walker and TT nosing around in the ruck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8