Where do you rank us?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c_eagle

Reserve Grader
We showed what we were about today. A strong forward pack, the occasional slick backline move and good scramble defense. So if we play our best footy, as we probably did today, how far can we honestly go in this competiton?

I can't see us winning, that's almost out of the question. Any rational fan would agree with me. The fact is though, if we hold our own and stumble into 6th spot, we can afford to lose our first game and still have a second chance in the finals. We could find ourselves playing a higher ranked but out of town team in week 2 of the finals, such as the Cowboys. We put 80 minutes of good footy together and suddenly, we're 80 minutes of more good footy away from the grand final.

It all sounds a little crazy but it's more realistic than any MSE thread.

I rate us as good as Melbourne, Tigers, Sharks at least on our day, but that is the issue. Getting our players back helps and if Choc is back next week, all good. We have to back it up with a few wins as otherwise we could be like the Raiders last year, limping in for a fleeting finals appearance at Suncorp (and even that is not guaranteed!!!)

We showed what we were about today. A strong forward pack, the occasional slick backline move and good scramble defense. So if we play our best footy, as we probably did today, how far can we honestly go in this competiton?

I can't see us winning, that's almost out of the question. Any rational fan would agree with me. The fact is though, if we hold our own and stumble into 6th spot, we can afford to lose our first game and still have a second chance in the finals. We could find ourselves playing a higher ranked but out of town team in week 2 of the finals, such as the Cowboys. We put 80 minutes of good footy together and suddenly, we're 80 minutes of more good footy away from the grand final.

It all sounds a little crazy but it's more realistic than any MSE thread.

we have proven we can beat pretty much anyone on our day :dance: yay!!

were u there this week, c? :p hehe

(check your email btw)

We won today because we went back to what we did in the start of the season and that was we defended stoically. Sure there were some breaks but time & time again we scrambled well enough to hold them out.

We won't win games with our attack and today the penny finally dropped with me is that is why Witt will spend the rest of the year in the reggies. OUr early season success was built on the back of strong defence, that is what we do well and I think we had better get an XXL size jersey with a number 6 on it, because I don't see it changing.

i think Brisbane Dragons and Eels are better.

The rest of the comp is even imo. We can easily match the likes of Melbourne Sharks Tigers etc. On our day though.

I still don't rate the Eels. We gave them a real shake up when we went to Parra Stadium on a Friday night without our origin stars, I honestly think a trip to Parra Stadium on a spring afternoon isn't a daunting task.

Kaza I agree with you - those teams are definitely ahead of us in terms of cattle, momentum and teamwork.

And we shouldn't get too carried away. Today we played like our lives depended on it against a Brisbane side that has already wrapped up the minor premiership. Damn we played well though.

Kaza I agree with you - those teams are definitely ahead of us in terms of cattle, momentum and teamwork.

And we shouldn't get too carried away. Today we played like our lives depended on it against a Brisbane side that has already wrapped up the minor premiership. Damn we played well though.

If we can make the top 8 (which I think we will) the premiership could be a lottery fair enough the Dragons have thrashed us twice but an injury or suspension here and there amongst the top teams could open the door for any of the others and the comp is just so even that any team can beat any other team on their day.

I think we are a class or two below the top sides.

If they make the finals then all form is out the window, it's a new competition, play good for one month and you win a premiership, and that's where the difference is, I have my doubts over whether they can play good football under pressure for a month.

We won today because we went back to what we did in the start of the season and that was we defended stoically. Sure there were some breaks but time & time again we scrambled well enough to hold them out.

We won't win games with our attack and today the penny finally dropped with me is that is why Witt will spend the rest of the year in the reggies. OUr early season success was built on the back of strong defence, that is what we do well and I think we had better get an XXL size jersey with a number 6 on it, because I don't see it changing.

Totally agree Pete.

I think the quote that will most stick in my head when I reminisce about season 2004 will be one from our Media "Manager", Zorba "Pie" Peters.

"I'd just like to thank Dennis for Michael Witt..I can't believe Parramatta let him go".

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I agree with C's comments. Our pack is strong and our inexperienced backline can pull off the occasional game-breaking movie. And our half is solid without being fantastic.

Apart from the Sharks and Tigers...I rate us exactly where we are on the ladder atm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4