Where are we going to play next week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
There's reports the slime stadium surface is dangerous and the game may have to be moved. ANZ, SFS or what other grounds are available?

I read that we get to inspect the ground on Monday. If we say it's crap (and Ivan Cleary would probably agree that it is), I guess the Eels get to pick Cumberland Oval…

Ringrose down at Wentworthville...Big enough for the crowd that will be going....Cold beer with really nice hot chips and gravy....

Where ever it is played headwear is optional for Manly players and fans who don't want to get sconed by coins.

I was just reading that Leichardt has been thrown up as an option. I just hope if it is moved they make a decision/announcement soon.

swoop said:
Where ever it is played headwear is optional for Manly players and fans who don't want to get sconed by coins.

wont be an issue, dole pay was last week and they threw it all away.

The loleels need to decide on a venue quick smart.
I guess it's another 'toss of the coin' job.

They really are a basket case, aren't they....plaing like crap, all the infighting, senior players causing internal dramas, a crap oval and even old players giving them a serve......
its good for the game, or at least get the dirtbag journos off our case for a while....ha ha

Parra Stadium surface cleared for Heritage Round

Parramatta has been given conditional approval to play the Men of League Heritage Round game against Manly at Parramatta Stadium at 7.30pm on Saturday, March 31.

The approval is subject to the Parramatta Stadium Trust completing a rectification program that will see 2,000 square metres of the Stadium playing surface replaced.

Australian Rugby League Commission General Manager of Football Operations, Mr Nathan McGuirk, met with representatives of Parramatta, Manly, the Chief Executive of the Rugby League Players’ Association, Mr David Garnsey, and the Parramatta Stadium Trust at Parramatta Stadium today, following complaints about the playing surface on Friday night.

“The problem with the surface has been caused largely by weather and it has affected the ground’s ability to recover from the matches earlier this year,” Mr McGuirk.

“It wasn’t really until Friday night that it became apparent that the surface was not holding up as it would in normal circumstances.

“Given that there was no way we could see it recovering in time for this week’s game it was important that action was taken.

“The Stadium has been very keen to address the issue and has confirmed this evening that it can relay the 2000 square metre surface area between now and Saturday evening.

“The process is similar to what happens at other major stadiums in replacing turf and it is not at all unusual to be able to play on the new surface in a short space of time.”

http://nrl.com/parra-stadium-surface-cleared-for-heritage-round/tabid/10874/newsid/66522/default.aspx

... the approval is conditional on at least three Manly players being injured.
It's crazy risking these high-priced footballers. 2,000sqm is a huge area, and they are giving it just a few days to bed in!
I wonder how many coins they'll find in the dug-up turf.

Sheikheagle said:
I may have misheard but I thought they said on 7 news that the game will be moved

7 news said it'll be moved if they don't replace the 2000sqm of turf to the NRL's? satisfaction.

I heard this morning it may be moved to ANZ, which isn't in a good state after the AFL game, or Leichhardt Oval.

What, are they going to have another look on Friday? What's 'conditional' about it? It's either safe or unsafe.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4