When the big man speaks we should listen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
This Big Man wins the Big Games
And this is why South Sydney Sacked Demetriou and Signed Bennet for Bigger and Better things
The Greatest Asset of any Organisation is the Great people it acquires

The Big Winning Wayne Bennet
Would have been a Great Big Signing for Manly

And I agree 100% with everything he said, he knows what he is talking about. How many of us on here talk about different things happening in a game and nothing happens about tackles, hits to the head and so on. Our boys get different punishments to other players at different times and we all say, why did he get away with and our boy does exactly the same or less and he gets suspended, I know I am one of them, so good on you Wayne

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I thought it was a thread about "The big marn" Darrell Brohman at 1st glance :whew:
I love your Great avatar forum photo @maxta
Two Great Smiling Eagles
1719536429000.png

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
It's about time someone has spoken out and given it to the NRL about it's constant inconsistencies and biased officiating of certain players and clubs, and who better than Wayno. Yes he likes the odd whinge here and there, but every week on ST we go on about how our players are treated differently to certain other players and it's obvious it happens across most teams including the phins. Most supporters know there are some players and teams who are protected species.
We've all been saying the officiating this year has been diabolical, and unfortunately it seems to be getting worse every year. Wayne's right, and it's been mentioned here as well, too many people in the referees ear. Let the referees go back to referring and get those bloody touchies to assist them like it used to be. I love this sport and I love my team, but jeez some weeks I just scratch my head and wonder why I still bother with the NRL.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He is absolutley correct on all of the issues he covered!!!!!! He will probably be fined by the NRL for daring to speak out like Gould was. It smacks of communism.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
He is usually pretty canny about when he throws out a soundbite to the media.
Agree. I don’t put much stock in what he’s saying. The bit I do agree with is when he says everyone will think he’s whinging - yeah, you are whinging. Refs get things wrong occasionally. We all hate it but IMO it’s all swings and roundabouts.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
I'd go down the NFL route, scrap the send offs/suspensions (which punish clubs and fans more than the player at fault) and introduce huge fines. I reckon you see a dramatic reduction in foul play if it cost players a big chunk of their salary. All funds collected go to supporting the welfare of players doing it tough. From youths to past players.

The Who

Journey Man
I hate The Bunker, but I'm constantly told that it has to stay because we are in a technological age. So, if we have to have the beast then I suggest a tweak: The ref gets to view the replay and he/she becomes the final decision maker, not the Vidiot.
The ref is in the best position to make a sensible decision. They get some decisions wrong, but if they see that their initial ruling is incorrect then they use the replay to correct it.
Why should some person watching a TV screen have the ultimate power over the ref who is in the middle of the action?

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18
14 7 7 -50 18