When police jump to the media tune

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Interesting article in the Herald.

In the wake of the ridiculous Stewart case it is inevitable that there would be a backlash against trumped up charges.  The Collingwood players are beneficiaries of the high price paid by Stewart.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/women-cop-blame-again-for-sex-assault-20101006-167pp.html

interesting blog comment by the author saying the KAK has further defended men by saying it is the responsibilty of both men and women.

She seems to be essentially saying women have no responsibilty in this at all. Very strange comment indeed

Worth reading. With regard to the comments of Kennerley and Everitt, this article makes some very timely points.  

(Took one glance at the blog and left it well alone)

Interesting article!
She raises some valid points- but then others are debatable!!
Loved this though..
" ''Girls!! When will you learn! At 3am when you are blind drunk & you decide to go home with a guy ITS NOT FOR A CUP OF MILO!''"
HAHA.. It's funny, cos it's true!

Has nothing to do with Stewart imho.

The AFL does so well at sweeping hsit under the carpet in the media. As soon as somethign goes wrong its hushed up so quickly.

However in the NRL it's backpage news for weeks and weeks

Jonesyv2 link said:
Has nothing to do with Stewart imho.

The AFL does so well at sweeping hsit under the carpet in the media. As soon as somethign goes wrong its hushed up so quickly.

However in the NRL it's backpage news for weeks and weeks

Go to melbourne, you would think the opposite is true. The AFL problems sit on the back and front pages for weeks down there, and never a mention of the NRL unless it is really bad.

I'm amused by Eddie McGuire's outrage at the Collingwood players being named.  Diddums ....

Has nothing to do with Brett. No lessons have been learned from Brett's tragic example. No great moral awakening amongst our media has taken place.

It is the Melbourne AFL community flexing its muscle. Rarely does anyone speak out down there against the AFL. clubs or players, and given the way Neil Mitchell is being hammered this time (for airing the names), it's easy to see why. What do you reckon will happen next time? Funny how there was no outrage when Andrew Lovett's name was revealed well before he was charged.

A recent example of how nothing will change? Look at the Bulldogs and Cowboys players being named as being interviewed in relation to the alleged betting sting. No charges laid, but players who merely get interviewed are all named.

I want fair and CONSISTENT news,
Consistancy would have them being known as shamed till it turns out she was full of crap then the media not apologizing

That said id have been happier if noone was outed till the guilty verdict dropped,but surely this assclown of a radio announcer could say something along the lines of "Surely i wasnt being bad,even news limited done the same thing"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4