When Gifty's available..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rose is out of favor. I was at the Souths game on saturday night and wasn't impressed with their pack. My thoughts re that our forwards are more mobile than theirs atm so George might slow us down. Reynolds holds the key to Souths. if Glenn is back, that gives us an edge.

DSM5 said:
Rose is out of favor. I was at the Souths game on saturday night and wasn't impressed with their pack. My thoughts re that our forwards are more mobile than theirs atm so George might slow us down. Reynolds holds the key to Souths. if Glenn is back, that gives us an edge.

I am the opposite I think their pack is very impressive especially the burgess boys. That being said I think we can match them in this area and then hammer them in the backs as there are no threats other than Inglis. Goodwin and Champion v Matai and Lyon enough said.

Glenn Stewart to return to face Souths
APRIL 16, 2013

Manly are set to be boosted by long-awaited return of international back-rower Glenn Stewart for their NRL blockbuster with South Sydney at Brookvale Oval in 10 days.

The Sea Eagles and Rabbitohs both boast 5-1 season records to be second and third on the ladder respectively.

So the return of Stewart for his first game in 2013 after off-season knee surgery would be a big plus.

Manly fullback Brett Stewart said on Tuesday his brother Glenn was using this weekend's bye to make sure he is ready for the big round-seven clash.

"Obviously the week off will be good for us," said Stewart, who is expected to overcome a hamstring strain that ruled him out of the NSW City v Country game in time to play the Rabbitohs.

"I think he (Glenn) should be right for the Souths game.

"I know he's excited about that. He's been training hard.

"It'll be good to have him back in the team."

Stewart said it was a testament to the squad's strength that they'd done so well in Glenn's absence.

"(Winning) five out of six games without him says a lot for the team," he said.

"We're playing with a bit of confidence too, which is good. But we welcome him back with open arms."

Halfback Daly Cherry-Evans emphasised the importance of Stewart's return, regardless of the fact he hasn't played a minute of footy this year, saying the second-rower was a huge influence on the team and their performance.

"We'd just be happy to see him back on the paddock," Cherry-Evans said.

"He's been out for a while, but we definitely value Glenn's input as a team player here and we're definitely a different side when Glenn's on the field."

AAP

Joe gone makes Tooves decision on who to drop easier. Hard to choose from: King, Richie, Joe, Horo and Buhrer. That's a mighty 5 benchies!

id give him a few more weeks off to be 100%. We are doing well and not in a desperate position. Our current forward pack is mobile fast and can take on anyone out there at the moment.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Glenn Stewart to return to face Souths
APRIL 16, 2013

With the obvious benefit being it offsets the very big loss of Joe, who has done more than a bit towards Manly having that 5-1 record. Pity the AAP report couldn't give Joe some credit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4