What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watched recently
Knightfall- about the Templars and the crusades. Good story line. Only 1 season atm.
The umbrella academy - 1 season if you like a disfuctional superpowers family.
The new legends of monkey- for those who remember monkey magic series on the abc about 30 years ago. Produced in Australia with Oz and nz actors. Good value.

I remember monkey magic! Loved it as a kid. Don't know how the re-boot would be watching it as an adult though?

Knightfall - Mark Hamill is in season two - sans light saber

I promised myself I wouldn't binge watch Bordertown season 2. I failed.

lol, I listened to the dubbing for about 30 seconds to see how good it was. It's hilariously terrible! They'd be better off getting the commentator from the Manly - Roosters trail game.
I’ve never been able to enjoy watching shows that are dubbed. I actually think you lose out because the actor’s voice and intonation can really bring a character to life, irrespective of if you can understnad. So it is Always subtitles for me!

I’ve never been able to enjoy watching shows that are dubbed. I actually think you lose out because the actor’s voice and intonation can really bring a character to life, irrespective of if you can understnad. So it is Always subtitles for me!

I AGREE!

It was like they gave the American actors the script to read out but didn't let them watch the show, so the emotions (and inflections) were all wrong. They didn't know how to say the lines so kinda went full... something.

I remember monkey magic! Loved it as a kid. Don't know how the re-boot would be watching it as an adult though?

Knightfall - Mark Hamill is in season two - sans light saber
Bloody hell - Monkey Magic! You know, I loved it too as a kid but watched an episode recently to see if it was something I could share with my boy from my childhood. Man, it was as effing weird as anything!!!

Speaking of dubbed films

Errementari: The Blacksmith and the Devil
Good story only issue is the actors voice in a couple of spots was sub par, worth a watch.

Am watching Season 1 now - it’s pretty good.

Season 5 of Line of Duty is meant to be coming out in April.

Just finished watching the two seasons of Happy Valley, which was enjoyable too.
I love any pommy cop shows....especially around the Yorkshire area. Here’s a drinking game you can play, whenever
you hear ,’Do you want a cup-a tea luv’, have a swig, you’ll be plastered in no time.@:blush:

Watched a series called ‘Losers’, was really good. The story of the Torquay football club is funny. My fav was the chick dog musher in Alaska.

I AGREE!

It was like they gave the American actors the script to read out but didn't let them watch the show, so the emotions (and inflections) were all wrong. They didn't know how to say the lines so kinda went full... something.

Oh boy! I just gave Bordertown a go on “dub” and it’s a deadset comedy!

Finally figured out how to get Netflix on our TV after getting broadband.
Watched 'Snitched' on Netflix, it was good if you like Dwayne Johnson
Cheers
Mate! If you had Netflix at the beginning of the offseason, the recommendations on this thread would have made for a welcome distraction to the brouhaha on the other threads!

Scream. Has a cheesy as start, less cheesy middle and an equally-cheesy finish, but pretty good

Mate, you're a bigger fan than me!

Nobel is very good. Will put 'Trapped' on my list. The Bridge (original version) probably makes my alltime Top 5 shows.

Just started to watch Nobel last night (3 episodes - was 1am and I was "oops, time for bed.")

It is quite good. I'm not sure why I resisted starting to watch it. I thought it was another 'police' story but I was wrong. The flashbacks to his time in Afghanistan is a nice point of difference. Bit o' action!

Just started to watch Nobel last night (3 episodes - was 1am and I was "oops, time for bed.")

It is quite good. I'm not sure why I resisted starting to watch it. I thought it was another 'police' story but I was wrong. The flashbacks to his time in Afghanistan is a nice point of difference. Bit o' action!
Very good series. The Norwegians make some good TV.

Watched the movie "Hyena Road" the other night. War movie set in Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyena_Road#Reception

I thought it was better that it's rotten tomato rating of 55% which I think because it's Canadian centric so not "usa! usa! usa! Look at us waving our flags and being 'mericans all over the place" enough for the majority of people (mericans) who put reviews on rotten tomatoes.

Anyway, if you need 90 mins to fill in...

For the metal heads. The Dirt. A biography-like film about Motley- Crüe. I liked it, the other half thought it was a bit b-grade. (But she wasn’t on the scene when I had girls,girls,girls cranking on the boom-box!, so take no notice). Amazed they’re still alive really. Sex, drugs (lots!) and heavy metal.

For the metal heads. The Dirt. A biography-like film about Motley- Crüe. I liked it, the other half thought it was a bit b-grade. (But she wasn’t on the scene when I had girls,girls,girls cranking on the boom-box!, so take no notice). Amazed they’re still alive really. Sex, drugs (lots!) and heavy metal.
This was great.

Going in Style. I’ll watch anything with Micheal Caine in it. Plus you get Morgan Freeman and Alan Arkin. Was expecting it to be a little cheesy, but it was quite good.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8