What's the secret behind Manly's success?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
Wayne Cousins
Mon 3rd April, 12:27PM

What has been the secret behind the turnaround in form for Manly over the past three weeks? That was the question reporters wanted answered at Sea Eagles headquarters this morning.

Fresh from their brilliant win on Friday night over the previously undefeated Sydney Roosters, the Sea Eagles have become the talk of the game again for their exciting on-field performances.

How can a side turn in two disappointing performances on their home soil and then record three straight wins, including away victories over heavyweights North Queensland Cowboys and the Roosters, to now sit in fifth place?

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/04/03/what_s_the_secret_be.af_news.html

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/96bdc658435b1267eb7ddc370be8679c

How Sea Eagles winger Akuila Uate learnt to diffuse bombs
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
April 3, 2017 4:52pm

SEA Eagles winger Akuila Uate has revealed the secret behind his expert work in diffusing the bombs that reigned down upon him during Friday night’s 18-12 win over the Roosters.

To prepare for the pressure he knew he would face Uate has been doing extras at training, catching high balls until he has done it successfully 20 times in a row.

Uate was clearly targeted by the Roosters kickers at Allianz Stadium but handle d all the pressure that was directed his way and that proved a key factor in his side’s victory.

“I had to come in and do my work and practice those high balls, I knew they were all coming,” Uate said.

“I had to prepare myself very well for last weekend’s game and I did

219decd8da7d863893b52b860e6b272e

Akuila Uate of the Sea Eagles and Daniel Tupou of the Roosters go up for a high ball on Friday. Picture: iGetty Images.

“Manly coach and former champion five-eighth Trent Barrett has been hoisting high balls into the air at the team’s Narrabeen base with Uate getting under them.

“The last couple of weeks I have been trying to catch 20 balls straight and just keep doing it,” Uate said.

Cant coach, cant catch.

Uate had every right to drop at least one of those, most wingers would have. The only bomb he didn't take was the one 2poo knocked on first. He should have a lot of confidence now.

Hope Baz has Jorge out there this week as a lot of teams will rethink the bomb Uate plan A, B and C.

Wayne Cousins
Mon 3rd April, 12:27PM

What has been the secret behind the turnaround in form for Manly over the past three weeks? That was the question reporters wanted answered at Sea Eagles headquarters this morning.

Fresh from their brilliant win on Friday night over the previously undefeated Sydney Roosters, the Sea Eagles have become the talk of the game again for their exciting on-field performances.

How can a side turn in two disappointing performances on their home soil and then record three straight wins, including away victories over heavyweights North Queensland Cowboys and the Roosters, to now sit in fifth place?

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2017/04/03/what_s_the_secret_be.af_news.html

A bit of TLC, obv!

Definately culture building has helped the club. Dce mentioned that they had all gotten together to talk about what it means to play for manly and since then we've seen massive improvements in both defence and attack.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/96bdc658435b1267eb7ddc370be8679c

How Sea Eagles winger Akuila Uate learnt to diffuse bombs
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
April 3, 2017 4:52pm

“Manly coach and former champion five-eighth Trent Barrett has been hoisting high balls into the air at the team’s Narrabeen base with Uate getting under them.

“The last couple of weeks I have been trying to catch 20 balls straight and just keep doing it,” Uate said.

So..... it's amazing that when you practice something after being taught the correct technique...you get better at it!!

dah dah daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

"The more I practice, the luckier I get."

Uate did real well v the chooks. It's good to see him doing so well (so far.) :)

Definately culture building has helped the club. Dce mentioned that they had all gotten together to talk about what it means to play for manly and since then we've seen massive improvements in both defence and attack.

And I think Dylan came out and said that:

1) They spoke about how the forwards were getting no respect, and

2) They felt they were letting Trent down.

The players all really seem to genuinely like Trent as their coach which I think is a positive.

:)

So..... it's amazing that when you practice something after being taught the correct technique...you get better at it!!

dah dah daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

"The more I practice, the luckier I get."

Uate did real well v the chooks. It's good to see him doing so well (so far.) :)
LOL. They have revolutionised the whole training scenario. Next we'll be hearing about Api practising his passing from the ground and Horhay his play the balls. I think they may be onto something - surprised no other team has cottoned onto it - seems so simple when you think about it.

The change in fortunes is simple.

The players got sick of reading our rants after the first 2 games. I heard from a source close to the team (Me! and 165 kms away) that it was a session in itself each Tuesday that each player and the coach had to read our feedback.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8