Whats the rush, much good may come

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A lot has happened recently, but its fair to say nothing has happened but we all want answers , but why is it so important for such broad issues that affect society and not just footy, to have an instant fix. Most of these issues affect everyone all over the world and most have not found a fix yet

As far as I see there are 3 major issues being discussed

Match fixing
performance enhancing drugs
Recreational drugs

with a little bit of organized crime sprinkled in

Match fixing is fraud and if match fixing is part of our game it needs to be weeded out regardless of the cost. The fact that we are on these forums daily shows that sport is part of our lives and its part of our culture. To one day find out that is nothing more than a soap opera with pre determined results to favor the extremely rich would be devastating to our society. If it takes a year or 3 , get them , lock them up and throw away the key. Too many grown ups, this is akin to a 8 yo finding out Santa is a myth without the comfort of knowing the oldies will still come good

Performance enhancing drugs. This is a different issue as its mainly a contractual issue between the clubs and their staff, I know little about this other than whole teams could be banned which would be terrible

Recreational drugs. Its difficult as so many are shoved in the same basket for convenience in policy and the impact is varied. Australians drug policies are ancient and achieve nothing. Over a trillion dollars has been spent on the drug war and more people use drugs than ever before. Piss heads say they don't touch drugs thus is the brainwashing of the people that could make a change.

Many countries around the world are drastically changing there policies as it only makes criminals rich and society poorer. If there is a major recreational drug issue in sport this may bring the many misconceptions about drug prohibition to the forefront and gain it the attention it deserves

It also has the possibility to starve organized crime of its cash cow restricting their movements. Current policies give organized crime its market, surely we all see that

I say give them time, let them work this out. After some bungling they are now under immense pressure to produce a result, a scalp to satisfy the hordes who want blood and to hang on to bragging rights about other peoples achievements.

All parties need to get the right result and not just "a result" and so far they have the whole of Australia talking , brainstorming about 3 very big issues.These are many of societies darkest little secrets that get swept under the carpet or in the too hard basket especially in election years. To me they already have a result as its right where it should be

We just need to focus a little more on the issues rather than the bloodbath if that's at all possible in this instant society

Support whats good, dont fear what isn't

You don't get match fixing, perfoance enhancing and recreational drug usage with 'a little bit' of organised crime.

The criminal roots would run very deep into the game if fixing is involved.

Personally (and perhaps simplistically) I would be gutted to learn that a NRL match had been fixed. For me, that would kill any enjoyment in watching RL. It would upset me more than learning a player is taking a drug to improve their performance, as bad as this is. At least they are trying to improve their performance, not under perform.

What was the rush then to get the so called "year long investigation" out in the media last week...What was the rush to name clubs and point the finger.....Why say anything until all is known..... Whilst this hangs around in fact and fiction it does no good for anyone.....Remember this started with Essendon and suprise surprise the next day its a National Disaster.

My mum said if u got nuffin good to say...shut the f@rk up until you have.

Neil Henry has got this right today...No club should be subjected to this unless they have 110% proof and they obviously havent.

Some are saying it is a Toyota cup game, the implication being that there is little to be concerned about. I would argue that it is a big concern as these guys are the future NRL player, if they get their claws into them early what is going to change when they hit first grade? Nothing..

Whats the rush , the rush is these people have created a mess throughout the NRL, the clubs, the players and the fans off the back of maybes,might of's, might be's,could be's etc. Its a joke

When they actually have cold hard facts and someone has done the wrong thing yes bring it up for sure and hang them out to dry , until then dont say anything.

A mess has been created in my opinion with nothing to back it up thus far. If there is issues in the game prove it first then get rid of them , not say these clubs etc are doing the wrong thing and cheating, but we are only going to check them now.. oh we are only going to audit the club now.. even though we have already made these allegations and serious ones at that. Seems stupid to me...

I might add, if this saga is not cleared up by the start of the season I will be seriously considering not attending round 1 at suncorp.

I don't need to be subjected to the taunts that will envitably come on my hour long train ride with drunk idiots after the game.

And for what reason? Nobody has a ****in clue.

Why make an announcement of vague speculation 60 days out from an investigation finishing when you've bee at it already for 365.

I agree its been poorly handled to this point but to continue to handle the situation poorly will not help. A scapegoat, or just dropping off a real issue if there is one, to please fans its not the correct approach.

You never want this to end with a cover up.

You can't change whats happened but we need to ensure something positive comes from it now.

voicefromthehill said:
Some are saying it is a Toyota cup game, the implication being that there is little to be concerned about. I would argue that it is a big concern as these guys are the future NRL player, if they get their claws into them early what is going to change when they hit first grade? Nothing..

Wonder if it was the Souths u20 game from last year.
There was a big rumor they were bringing some of the players back from Norths and everyone that knew about it loaded up on them

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4