Whats the excuse this week Des

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
The wind was too strong. The sun was too bright. The planets were in the wrong alignment. Anything but the fact our recruitment is ****ed and our endurance training is non existant and any talk of enthusiasm to win has obviously been  non existant.

The more i see the team and listen to des the more i feel he just expects it to click into gear and we'll start winning again.

Even with all the injuries at the moment we still needed to win today and they looked plain disinterested.

Thats a coaching problem, not enough pressure on them to perform because it will all just click... if given enough time.

You know it's going to be all bad when you see Matty Ballin fumble a cpl from dummy-half.Everyone except Lyon struggled today in one shape or form.

Flip link said:
The more i see the team and listen to des the more i feel he just expects it to click into gear and we'll start winning again.

Even with all the injuries at the moment we still needed to win today and they looked plain disinterested.

Thats a coaching problem, not enough pressure on them to perform because it will all just click... if given enough time.

I don't know how good the info I got was, but about 4-5 weeks ago I was told that there were about 8-10 guys who couldn't train during the week, from memory Watmough, Matai, Lyon, Hodkinson, Foran  and Robbo were among them. That may explain why the combinations haven't really been happening, especially with Hodkinson killing our right hand side potential

But if that's the case Kiwi we should have been resting people as injured when we could space them out - better fresh young guys and then fit top class guys coming back then weary and poor playing top team.

People keep quoting that we haven't actually used all that many players compared to other clubs - maybe that's actually our problem not a good sign.

If we weren't already so far down in the depth department that could have been an option, but since about Round 10 we have been stuffed with injuries

Hard to believe at 1 time this season we had to put our 4th choice fullback on the park

Do you honestly think any coach worth their salt will come out and have a go at their team?

Ever see Bennett do it?
What about Bellache?

I am sure Des has plenty to say behind closed doors but he would not say it in public.

Yeah I agree Isz, but there is something to be said for a coach saying 'We didn't play well and only have ourselves to blame. Some players will start losing their spots if this keeps up' etc.

Not saying Des doesn't say that, but I think the top coaches will bag their team out in that way.

Look at Sir Alex at Man United

Famous for the "hair dryer" when giving players a spray in the dressing room he rarely criticizes his team to the press

Just so disappointed. Our season was on the line and we kept giving too many soft tries. We needed to win today. If we do play next week it will be a tough task again the dragons.

It's hard to blame des though. Injuries and suspension have killed us this year. Looking forward to a fresh squad from round 1 next year.

I have felt for a while that Manly are overtrained. I think Des is a great coach (and of course I don't know what's happening in the Manly camp), but my reasons for feeling this are:

-The inconsistency in our performances.
-The seeming lack of interest at times.
-Trying too hard at times.
-Lack of fire.
-High injury rate.
-Poor physical and mental stamina.
-Fading out after 40 minutes.
-Don't seem to be enjoying their footy.
-Des was a fitness fanatic and that perfectionism may be transferred to his coaching.
-Des was a school teacher and that mentality might also lead to overtraining.
-Des is relatively new to the coaching game.

I know we had a great 2008, but how many times have we peaked for extended periods since then?

I could be totally wrong (and I understand that overtraining would not be the only reason for Manly's woes), but it's been a weird year.

I am sure Des will end up being one the 'Great' coaches, and I am looking forward to seeing how Manly get back on track.

We really don't looked like a ' coached' team. Just rely on dummy half runs and occasionally the sweeping backling movement. Where are the moves from the scrum?
And picking the same players each week has just meant we've endured the same inexpitude most weeks.

simple-they are not playing for each other....oh and we run SIDEWAYS.

****ing hopeless. thought I would lay of Des all year....but **** me!!!!

He has to bear the brunt of the blame. I have never posted a negative opinion on Bailey (there is more than enough criticism without me further laying the boot in) but he is a park footballer. Cross is a big log. Our halves run sideways and put pressure on the boys outside them.

Inept performance this year!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=185065.msg290521#msg290521 date=1283671698]

I don't know how good the info I got was, but about 4-5 weeks ago I was told that there were about 8-10 guys who couldn't train during the week, from memory Watmough, Matai, Lyon, Hodkinson, Foran  and Robbo were among them. That may explain why the combinations haven't really been happening, especially with Hodkinson killing our right hand side potential
[/quote]

And why have we been injured so much?

In 2007 & 2008 we were the fittest team in the comp & suffered hardly any injuries. Now we fade in the second half and suffer lot's of injuries. One common cause of both problems is not being fit & strong enough.

Enough excuses already, if we don't change something we will get the same **** next year.

Frankly I'm sick to death of the last 2 years of the apologists & excuse makers!!!!!!!!

i do know one thing.all the assisting coaching staff are not happy as i was reliably informed weeks ago.

what to do about.

ive got no idea.we have a good proven coach,a disgruntled coaching staff and an lacklustre team.

i think our main problem for next couple of years is injuries will kill us.we have about 15 first grade standard players.

Susan, we need to let go of some of the highly paid non performers. Kite, Watmough yes Watmough, Glen Stewart, maybe Wolfman, definately Bailey and we need to buy some good young talent like JWH and some speed for the backs.

Ralphie link said:
Susan, we need to let go of some of the highly paid non performers. Kite, Watmough yes Watmough, Glen Stewart, maybe Wolfman, definately Bailey and we need to buy some good young talent like JWH and some speed for the backs.
I'll agree that Kite is past his best and Bailey and Cross never had a ' best', but not the others. I admire Choc for playing week after week with bad injuries. Today he was busted, yet made several try-saving tackles. He bleeds maroon and white, as does Glenn, so lay off these two, even though they were below their high standards this season.
There are plenty of others who need to lift.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6