What would you change?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey guys,

Big fan of the forum and have been for many years. Love the eagles so good to have something in common with so many.

I’ve been pondering what separates us from the ‘supossed’ heavyweights of the comp? Why do some teams get media and betting favouritism but our team doesn’t?

What players or improvements in certain positions do we need to make place us in this category? Before you answer can you please do everything in your capacity think with your head and not your heart, I know this is rough because we grow fond of our players often not wanting to swap them but somethings separate us from the blue chip teams, need your help people, what is it?

And please keep your answers away from commercial related answers (if you don’t mind).

Problem is the game has changed. Its not a bunch of nsw teams sluggling it out each week now. Now its all about the money." SHOW ME DA MONEE!!! ".
One city teams have a huge advantage where they are needed to make the game national and have huge fan base. And local sponsorship ( cough cough thoroughbreds) unless we have mega rich backers ,aka roosters. We are screwed. Im pretty drunk atm so yeah. Thats my theory.

I think in the not too distant future we will see expansion so that they can maximise the $$$$ they get from the TV deal, Perth, perhaps Adelaide , second NZ and for sure another QLD side probably in Brisbane and it’s clear they’d love a side on the central coast.

BUT, do they have the players and the game times left for every game live.

The answer is probably no, certainly with the time difference Perth is a shoe in.

Now, how does that affect Manly, well in my belief there will be two less Sydney sides , possibly more , and unless you are a TV ratings favourite ( that’s what the favourite tag is really about) you are probably in real danger of being the ones to go.

I see Manly as one of those teams, perhaps we’ll be offered relocation or perhaps if Penn loses and just walks away they’ll just let the licence lapse.

NRL HQ don’t give a ****, they only care about the sides that rate on TV.

I’d suggest Manly, Penrith, West’s Tigers and Cronulla are in real danger.

How we fix that ( your original question) I dunno, TBH I think the whole “ everyone hates Manly” thing that was started by Roy Masters really has worked , apart from us, everyone else does.

And ultimately, that could cost us our club!

I think in the not too distant future we will see expansion so that they can maximise the $$$$ they get from the TV deal, Perth, perhaps Adelaide , second NZ and for sure another QLD side probably in Brisbane and it’s clear they’d love a side on the central coast.

The answer is probably no, certainly with the time difference Perth is a shoe in.

Now, how does that affect Manly, well in my belief there will be two less Sydney sides , possibly more , and unless you are a TV ratings favourite ( that’s what the favourite tag is really about) you are probably in real danger of being the ones to go.

I see Manly as one of those teams, perhaps we’ll be offered relocation or perhaps if Penn loses and just walks away they’ll just let the licence lapse.

How we fix that ( your original question) I dunno, TBH I think the whole “ everyone hates Manly” thing that was started by Roy Masters really has worked , apart from us, everyone else does.

But maybe the whole "everybody hates Manly" is the thing that saves us especially if it sets us apart from the other Sydney clubs.

Everyone loves having a team they hate, without the spirited hatred they are left with a lame competition....

But maybe the whole "everybody hates Manly" is the thing that saves us especially if it sets us apart from the other Sydney clubs.

Everyone loves having a team they hate, without the spirited hatred they are left with a lame competition....

The problem with that ( as much as we personally enjoy that) is that it also equates to TV ratings.

We never get picked for a FTA game , unless we are playing a favourite.

That’s a massive hurdle for our corporate team to overcome for sponsorship $$$.

To the NRL it’s all about TV ratings , the more viewers the more $$$

It’s why Brisbane are always on Friday night, nothing to do with they are great to watch and all about 90% of Queensland is watching!!

I was going to say the same thing, gotta have a villain or 2 in the mix, and for better or worse it's us.

There is one team that has been constantly good for the past decade. Unfortunately it is Melbourne.
While other clubs, such as us, have good and bad seasons Melbourne is a constant. Put that down to recruitment, coaching, rorting, facilities, location... Whatever, but rarely do they have the swings in performance like we do ie. incredible one week, terrible the next. Ditto most of the other clubs.
The truth hurts, but finding the keys to their continuing success is what we need to emulate.

The problem with that ( as much as we personally enjoy that) is that it also equates to TV ratings.

We never get picked for a FTA game , unless we are playing a favourite.

That’s a massive hurdle for our corporate team to overcome for sponsorship $$$.

To the NRL it’s all about TV ratings , the more viewers the more $$$

It’s why Brisbane are always on Friday night, nothing to do with they are great to watch and all about 90% of Queensland is watching!!

We have been given the Silvertails tag and in many fans eyes that won't ever change no matter how poor our home ground looks. So we need to own it.

TV ratings- unless its detrimental we won't get the coverage. As you said, FTA is all about generating the most profit, we can't change that so we need to concentrate on what we can change.

Maybe they need to approach corporations for sponsorships that use Ch9 for their ads (although this has probably already been done).

Otherwise they need to go after the Corporations that dare to be different, maybe the companies that other competitive companies "hate"?

It is a difficult one.

Nah, the nrl needs a villain, and that tag will be one to save us. If we are gone then so is rugby league along the Northern Beaches. Would be one of the most damaging moves they'd make. Some team out west will go, I tip the Tigers, don't even need to change their name if they go to Perth

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8