What we need most

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A goal kicker.

Look at the remaining sides. Each has a top goal-kicker (Clearly, Smith, Reynolds, Flanagan, Moses, Croker) and in some cases an excellent back-up.

We have Garrick !

We go up in fours, when other teams go up in sixes. When their kickers miss, they usually just miss. Garrick misses big. Worse, he continually misses mid-range goals that other kickers eat up.

We desperately need a fast winger/back-up fullback who is a gun goalkicker under pressure. Maybe that's Funa, but not yet.

Jaymane Issako at the right price fits the bills and is a terrific goal kicker.

Mason Lino is another underrated goalkicker (back-up hooker?).
I'd love it if we went after Isaako, that's a great idea. Wanted him before his confidence dropped playing for the Broncos, but at the time thought there was no chance of getting him because of his strong form at the time. I think he had some family tragedy that kind of shook his on-field performances, compacted by the Broncos spiralling on the field and Seibold's terrible man-management with constant reshuffling killing his confidence.

Has the potential to be a great winger and I think he adds the presence of a leader for some reason, even though he didn't seem to talk too much. I think it's just because of how calm and composed he appeared, icing games with field goals and kicking important conversions. More the reason to grab him and likely at a good price.

What we need most is a massive change of attitude and culture which needs to start with our captain.

I harp on and on about kicking because it is so important and our club suck at it. Conversions, short kicks to the ingoal, short kick offs.

Moses is a great example re goal kicking. At tigers he was flat out kicking a goal in front of the posts to save himself. At eels what you say 76 % and U can see he has improved big time, and is still actively working on his kicking. trying to move them either way.

We don't need to get rid of DCE or Garrick or find a new kicker in my view. The effort they current put in is just piss poor. Thats what needs to change. practice, practice and more FN practice. Get a new kicking coach because the current ones voice must be horse.

We don't want to believe it to be true, but even with DES, our club has a horrible lazy culture about it. The effort on the 1 per centres is just horribly lacking. We can't even get the ball in the ingoal for a repeat set FFS.

How professional is this club?

A Halfback only has a couple of jobs. One is to organise. And one is to kick. If you get my drift.

I love DCE as much as the next man supporter. But until our Captain is accountable for letting his areas of control slip, and fixes his own ship first. Until then this teams just going to continue to sink.
No greater example of their sh*t arse lax attitude was the Titans game where they score from a quick 20m restart (from yet another dud failed kick) it was the single worst fuked up attitude play all year from any team.

No greater example of their sh*t arse lax attitude was the Titans game where they score from a quick 20m restart (from yet another dud failed kick) it was the single worst fuked up attitude play all year from any team.
Yeah, Mick - I'm still yelling at the TV for that one.

What we really need is to go back and watch our 2 finals games from last year. I did this yesterday and what it does is put in perspective exactly why we failed this year.

I say this to all those here that like to moan about certain players and the coach. Our side in 2020 has been a Blacktown workers patch up job.

In those 2 games even without Turbo we were so good. sure there were moments that showed us up but our play was crisp, direct, fast and structured. reason for this? The spine - Cherry, Walker and most importantly 2 hookers that could play.

This year We have had only Cherry out of the 2019 team. you cant blame the guy for our ****e year as he cant do everything.

Big takeaway is that if we have our full strength spine the players around them lift so many gears. The Tafua's, garricks, Parkers, Gojetski, Duck's all look better when its not directly up to them to provide a spark.

As a roster we really only need a bit of injury luck and a mild tinker and we will be flying.

Yeah, Mick - I'm still yelling at the TV for that one.
I agree it was ****e but lets not forget that was Brimson. close to the form best fullback in the comp over the last 6 weeks. so much so there are big calls for him to take the QLD fullback position from Ponga.

That kid could be anything. Imagine him in a storm side.

Our squad at full strength is very solid.
We forget because it's been so long since we've had anything like our best side on the field.
Turbo and Walker spent a total of 1 game combined on the field after Round 6 and we had to desperately sign Levi at the 11th hour so we at least had one hooker.

A slice of luck with injuries would solve a lot of our problems.

The main thing we need is for the NRL to abandon its no fault stand down policy. Its very own version of "instant microwave guilty verdicts".

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8