what we need in 2006!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
last year we were missing three main things, AGGRESSION, and lots of it, COMMITMENT, for 26 rounds not 10 and from all players and 5th TACKLE OPTIONS, the only thing i can say that should definetly change would be fifth tackle options, with a new dimension being added in the form of the ox. this year when BK come off for a rest, if that happens, i dont want to have my heart up in my throat for the whole time he isnt there.
a bit more of this :0 , and a little less of this :~?

If the 5th tackle options rest solely on Orfords shoulders like they did the 2005 half back we are still in trouble - sure he will do better but the defence will be able to attack him.

More aggression that is well directed. Kane Cleal had the most aggression last year but it wasnt used to the full extent.

Controlled agression is good but it needs to be consistent.

I remember two years ago how we came and bashed teams for 10 mins but then dropped and gave away a lot of points.

You need to be controlled and disciplined as much and also to hang onto the pill.

The Tigers weren't the most agressive side last year but they had skill, flair and an 80 minute game that developed as the season progressed.

I remember two years ago how we came and bashed teams for 10 mins but then dropped and gave away a lot of points.

You need to be controlled and disciplined as much and also to hang onto the pill.

The Tigers weren't the most agressive side last year but they had skill, flair and an 80 minute game that developed as the season progressed.

Canteen - last year I saw our players getting pushed and beaten, only to have Beaver, Monaghan etc watch in interest. We have to come across like The Roosters. You mess with one, you mess with them all. We have a team of absolute wooses !!! The only player I saw defending anyone else was Steve Matai. In that same game, Lincon Withers pushed Shane Dunley over after a try was scored by us, and all the other players didn't seem to give a toss. I don't see that as teamsmanship...I see that as individualism....weak individualism...

Same can be said for Cleal, when the opposition team tried to beat him down in the Tigers match for that head high tackle...NO SUPPORT. We have a team of teddy bears. The only player that fired up was Tezza.... 8|

Johnathon Thurston said that we should have had the cheer leaders on the park instead of our team at Brookvale dude !!!

I ask you to look at the 95 team (a team I think is the best all round team ever produced) (even as a Bears supporter), and you'll see what a team that has bonded looks like.

Like I said - even the PLAYERS say they need to bond more, and be more aggressive. We just don't have it right now...

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

Canteen - last year I saw our playing getting pushed and beaten, only to have Beaver, Monaghan etc watch in interest. We have to come across like The Roosters. You mess with one, you mess with them all. We have a team of absolute wooses !!! The only player I saw defending anyone else was Steve Matai. In that same game, Lincon Withers pushed Shane Dunley over after a try was scored by us, and all the other players didn't seem to give a toss. I don't see that as teamsmanship...I see that as individualism....weak individualism...

Same can be said for Cleal, when the opposition team tried to beat him down in the Tigers match for that head high tackle...NO SUPPORT. We have a team of teddy bears. The only player that fired up was Tezza.... 8|

Johnathon Thurston said that we should have had the cheer leaders on the park instead of our team at Brookvale dude !!!

I ask you to look at the 95 team (a team I think is the best all round team ever produced) (even as a Bears supporter), and you'll see what a team that has bonded looks like.

Like I said - even the PLAYERS say they need to bond more, and be more aggressive. We just don't have it right now...
[/quote]

We know why thurston wanted the cheerleaders on the field instead of the team.

But I agree that they play like a team that wouldn't spill blood for each other. That is part of why our defence at times is so crap.

Maybe a few sessions with the SAS or commando's would show them what real teamwork is like.

I would still go to Brookie to watch the cheerleaders do battle

we dont want too much aggression that players are jumping to one anothers defence for a little shove, thats how blues break out and the team ends up penalised or a player in the bin. Look at Ricko, he missed a GF when he defended Fittler from little Nathan Fien. lol

I understand where u are coming from Ryan but it must be controlled and consistant like CW said.

Yeah - I'm not talking Crocker aggression:-
I'm talking NZ side in tri nations aggression:-

Play hard...mess around with team mates...all rush in (not to fight) but lend support.

I know what your saying Ryan and I agree in part. The agression you want to see comes from confidence inspired adrenalin. Your mate rushes in & puts on the hit and you want to do the same or better and NOT the Crocker type ill disciplined agression.

Mattai is in my opinion heading down the wrong path.

I still see this teams problem as not one of a singularly identifyable lacking ingredient. I see it as a systemic problem whereby the team lacks being a willing and cohesive unit.

I once worked for a large departmentalised company that had within its mission statement..........."working as a cohesive whole"......good golly what a wank.

In commercial business that might stand up but in sport and particularly team sport relying on mates backing up for mates, in some respects its true but wont get you to a GF.

To enable the team to work as a cohesively is Des's job and to me there aint no doubts in that.

Yeah - I'm not talking Crocker aggression:-
I'm talking NZ side in tri nations aggression:-

Play hard...mess around with team mates...all rush in (not to fight) but lend support.

problem in players rushing in is that it just inflames the situation. but nothing wrong with the occasional biff. Got to love it!!!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4