What that game has proved to me again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Jamie Buhrer could cover both roles if they train him up over the summer for it, but I guess he will probably be our starting 2nd rower next year

With King out we probably do need Joe,Rose and Lussick on the pine but if King was around I think we could do without Lussick

No, Chee-Kam??

Tbh I havent seen him play coz I don't watch the 20s much. I wouldn't think he would walk into a starting spot though straight out of the 20s

The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Jamie Buhrer could cover both roles if they train him up over the summer for it, but I guess he will probably be our starting 2nd rower next year

With King out we probably do need Joe,Rose and Lussick on the pine but if King was around I think we could do without Lussick

No, Chee-Kam??

Tbh I havent seen him play coz I don't watch the 20s much. I wouldn't think he would walk into a starting spot though straight out of the 20s

It's hard to deny based on his game last night, he was awesome out of dummy half with great passing and great runs, really surged us forward.

If he can do that consistently then you'll find no argument from me.

Ballin provides structure whilst Ferris provides spark

It's hard to deny based on his game last night, he was awesome out of dummy half with great passing and great runs, really surged us forward.

If he can do that consistently then you'll find no argument from me.

Ballin provides structure whilst Ferris provides spark

SwornEagle said:
Why the f@*k are you guys talking about next year? I haven't seen the game yet but fmd!

Come back after you have seen the game. We haven't played like that since Jye Mullane was in the team

SwornEagle said:
Why the f@*k are you guys talking about next year? I haven't seen the game yet but fmd!

Come back after you have seen the game. We haven't played like that since Jye Mullane was in the team

Kiwi Eagle said:
Have been thinking it for quite a while now, but tonight confirms it for me

We need to start running with another hooker on the bench, with more spark and a bit more attack in them. The perfect combo was Ballin and L'Estrange. Whether Buhrer is an answer here, I'm not sure but he worked it tonight

Ballin is a top class defender in the middle, and has a nice pass, but in terms of attack from dummy half, he is extremely limited, and I feel he plays a big part in us wasting quite a few sets of 6 when attacking within the 20.
I think 50-60mins of Ballin and 20-30mins of the more explosive type could really ignite this side
Couldn't we maybe train & use liam foran as another possible hooker off the bench.He has the similar description kiwi to ballin as you've described above.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Have been thinking it for quite a while now, but tonight confirms it for me

We need to start running with another hooker on the bench, with more spark and a bit more attack in them. The perfect combo was Ballin and L'Estrange. Whether Buhrer is an answer here, I'm not sure but he worked it tonight

Ballin is a top class defender in the middle, and has a nice pass, but in terms of attack from dummy half, he is extremely limited, and I feel he plays a big part in us wasting quite a few sets of 6 when attacking within the 20.
I think 50-60mins of Ballin and 20-30mins of the more explosive type could really ignite this side
Couldn't we maybe train & use liam foran as another possible hooker off the bench.He has the similar description kiwi to ballin as you've described above.

The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

No, Chee-Kam??

I watched the Raiders/Knights NYC yesterday and one thing for sure is Chee-Kam isnt ready to start in NRL next year. He has the size and skill, but as with the majority of NYC players their decision making is very poor. Too many stupid offloads, and not enough commitment in defence. However, after a full off season and some guidance by the coaching staff he will more than likely make an appearance at some stage.

The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

No, Chee-Kam??

I watched the Raiders/Knights NYC yesterday and one thing for sure is Chee-Kam isnt ready to start in NRL next year. He has the size and skill, but as with the majority of NYC players their decision making is very poor. Too many stupid offloads, and not enough commitment in defence. However, after a full off season and some guidance by the coaching staff he will more than likely make an appearance at some stage.

I feel Ballin is a very solid 80 minute hooker or a great 60 minute hooker.

Given Buhrer can play the 20 minutes needed and chip in with some backrower action he fills the hole perfectly.

I would lock that in for the finals charge.

I feel Ballin is a very solid 80 minute hooker or a great 60 minute hooker.

Given Buhrer can play the 20 minutes needed and chip in with some backrower action he fills the hole perfectly.

I would lock that in for the finals charge.

Ballin's defensive efforts make him a definite in any pack. Give him a break for sure, but he has to be on when the going's torrid. He always tops the tackle count.

Ballin's defensive efforts make him a definite in any pack. Give him a break for sure, but he has to be on when the going's torrid. He always tops the tackle count.

DSM5 said:
thank goodness he didnt get that last pass from taufua,lol,he gets it we dont score,we dont win

DSM5 said:
thank goodness he didnt get that last pass from taufua,lol,he gets it we dont score,we dont win

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8