What slot is 'prime time' in the new world?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Hi all,

Interesting to see we have heads of Sunday afternoon/twilight games, and a few other time slots sprinkled in throughout the year.

Historically, Thursday and Friday night @ 7:30pm was deemed the 'golden ticket' for marketing $$$ with Channel 9 and Fox, followed by Sunday afternoon.

But given no one is able to go to the pub, footy, or anywhere any more - surely this changes somewhat?

What (in your opinion) would now be the most 'desirable' time slots? does it make any real difference for you in terms of viewing possibilities? Maybe things are 'more fair' this year than ever before.....

Still think Friday 6pm is a crap time, people are going back to work now and will have less chance seeing this game with pubs closed.

Sunday afternoon. It's traditional, it's when most people are off work, and it's a time when you can plan ahead to clear all your commitments for a few hours of sitting in the glorious sunshine on Brookie hill/sitting on the sofa with a slab of MWSE brew in the nearby fridge.

I must admit, the 6pm kick offs REALLY annoy me.

I have a 5 month old and a 2 year old..... and 6pm is slap bang in the middle of dinner -> bath -> bed times.

By the time I am done and free, it is 8pm, and the game is gone. Having a TV and me cheering the mighty eagles is NO chance when that is the kick off time, and I sure as hell can't go to the pub and watch it!

Do they not think that people have children? I used to LOVE 2pm then 4pm on a sunday.... 6pm feels stupid to me

Historically, Thursday and Friday night @ 7:30pm was deemed the 'golden ticket' for marketing $$$ with Channel 9 and Fox, followed by Sunday afternoon.

But given no one is able to go to the pub, footy, or anywhere any more - surely this changes somewhat?

What (in your opinion) would now be the most 'desirable' time slots? does it make any real difference for you in terms of viewing possibilities? Maybe things are 'more fair' this year than ever before.....
As the games are still going to be shown on free-to-air (Ch9) and pay-tv (Fox) in those timeslots, they're still going to have the maximum audiences (as opposed to games only on Fox), and they keep the fans as well as the sponsors happy. Nobody able to go to the pub etc to watch the footy isn't going to change the 'prime time' slots.

For me personally, as I don't have pay-tv, it doesn't make any real difference from previously. All those timeslots you say are the most desirable for me because I can see the games on fta Ch9.

With streaming becoming more and more popular, coupled with Covid lockdown, 'primetime' is somewhat mitigated.

Fri/Sat night at 7.30 is still ideal given most people ended work or on the end of the domestic/family duties.

I know pprimetimedoesnt work for people like me. Father of young kids, prime time is bed time.

I have kayo so I can watch 'live' later at night.

Bearing in mind that I live in the Middle East, I use WatchNRL.com. I'd be absolutely stuffed without it. Here's my take:

Friday: 1st day of our weekend. Game is in the early arvo. I give my wife the heads up. Sometimes she takes the kids and leaves the house, other times, I just get a warning, especially if my kid's friends are around. If we win, awesome way to start the weekend, but then I get withdrawal symptoms waiting for our next game. If we lose, I'm ****ty as hell for the rest of the weekend and I'm waiting for our next game. Kids and domesticated animals tend to stay away from me if we lose.

Saturday: I like waking up in the morning and watching the game. Sometimes I have mates that come over and watch. Who am I kidding? I don't have mates. Anyway, my weekend is almost over, so if we win, there's a little positive for the start of the work week. If we lose, well, that's just doubling down on my anger. Kids, domesticated animals etc.

Sunday: I am a purist and who doesn't love a Brookie game on a Sunday. I tell you who doesn't, it's the the poor bastard who is back at work trying not to click on the SMH and finding out the score by accident whilst avoiding texts from mates saying: "Have you seen the score? I won't tell you, but it was a good game." Well, that just gets me going. I get home, kids shipped to bed, telly goes on. Swearing, cheering, throwing things at the telly. If we win, what a bloody great start to the week and I can't wait for the next game. If we lose....... well, I think you get the picture.

Honestly though, I do love seeing everyone sitting at Brookie and having a good time. Every other ground can get stuffed.

Hi all,

Interesting to see we have heads of Sunday afternoon/twilight games, and a few other time slots sprinkled in throughout the year.

The fact that the Broncos, Chooks, Souths etc still have the bulk of Thursday, Friday night timeslots should tell us that those nights ARE still the golden ticket for advertisers.
I think regardless of crowds or not, no pubs/clubs open etc these are still the premium time slots and that's why CH 9 have them.
I'd say most people who have Fox watch their footy telecasts exclusively ( I know I do ) not only because we pay for it but also better. That's the main reason why we have it.

I can see why Ricky Stuart is blowing up, this year especially clubs should get an even break on Ch 9, I'd much rather watch the Raiders, Warriors etc than the Big 3 ad nauseam.

Also in this climate I think they'll be more lucrative for advertisers, we haven't been out much so Saturday night, Sunday arvo will be the times we go out to visit others or do stuff around the house.
Personally I hate the 4.00pm Sunday timeslot regardless of watching on TV or at the game - 3.00 is much better, still have time after the game to get dinner and the kids sorted or get home from the game.,
My preferred time to watch on the box is 7.30 Saturday or Friday nights.

Canberra does get a rough run on Channel Nein. The Raiders are an enjoyable team to watch as they generally play attacking football and are prone to collapsing after holding a big lead.
They are far more entertaining than watching Melbourne, and I'm sure every non-Queensland RL fan is sick of the sight of the Broncos.

Bearing in mind that I live in the Middle East, I use WatchNRL.com. I'd be absolutely stuffed without it. Here's my take:

Friday: 1st day of our weekend. Game is in the early arvo. I give my wife the heads up. Sometimes she takes the kids and leaves the house, other times, I just get a warning, especially if my kid's friends are around. If we win, awesome way to start the weekend, but then I get withdrawal symptoms waiting for our next game. If we lose, I'm ****ty as hell for the rest of the weekend and I'm waiting for our next game. Kids and domesticated animals tend to stay away from me if we lose.

Saturday: I like waking up in the morning and watching the game. Sometimes I have mates that come over and watch. Who am I kidding? I don't have mates. Anyway, my weekend is almost over, so if we win, there's a little positive for the start of the work week. If we lose, well, that's just doubling down on my anger. Kids, domesticated animals etc.

Sunday: I am a purist and who doesn't love a Brookie game on a Sunday. I tell you who doesn't, it's the the poor bastard who is back at work trying not to click on the SMH and finding out the score by accident whilst avoiding texts from mates saying: "Have you seen the score? I won't tell you, but it was a good game." Well, that just gets me going. I get home, kids shipped to bed, telly goes on. Swearing, cheering, throwing things at the telly. If we win, what a bloody great start to the week and I can't wait for the next game. If we lose....... well, I think you get the picture.

Honestly though, I do love seeing everyone sitting at Brookie and having a good time. Every other ground can get stuffed.

I turfed watchnrl for this season (good timing by me lol) and will just find other ways to watch Manly games. I find I didn't really watch too much other teams when I had watchnrl and certainly wont now.

We're probably all a bit happier if Manly has an early win. Weekend is lighter, breezier, sandier (where you are)...etc.

I don't have mates either! We should be...acquaintances!

Drives me crazy as well when morons say things like "won't tell you the score but wow...close game!!!" Like stfu, you are now on 'my list'. Astounding just how little humans can keep their traps shut.

Seeing and hearing the big crowd at Brookie cheering away is awesome. Really makes a difference to watching the game when I see all the yobbos having a good time.

:)

It’s a different world when you are retired Prime Time is anytime.

Personally I HATE Friday night as that always means it’s the Donkeys , week in week out.

I have Fox and never watch Nein except when you have to , hate those pricks with a passion, maybe because they are all Donkey Kong lovers!!

Away game is best Thursday/Friday. Home game is best Sunday arvo. Wish they'd bring back Monday nights and keep Thursday nights, especially during no crowd period. Only 2 nights without footy would be oh so sweet during times like these.

I still love footy in the arvo. 2 pm on either a saturday or a sunday. Prefer saturday but sunday suits my life better. Its just a great time to sneek off into another room and have a few beers, read some footy stuff and watch some lead up .

Everyone else is content in my house , and i can sober up a bit before dinner. Wifey loves to cook when i watch footy so the timeslot might determine the type of dish i get too.

early afternoon games gives her the time she needs and early nom noms for me after beers.

Footy snacks, cutlets, ribs, wings, tacos, oh maaaan. There are times i swear my mrs thinks im scooby doo. Shes awesome. Woobee woo

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2