What should we expect vs. what we get!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
When considering why our team is not playing well or under performing, owners and management need to be accountable, first and foremost! Let's consider the following; Are the players happy? No. Are the players putting in? No, (or so it seems). Is Geoff Toovey on a hiding to nothing? Yes! Are our injuries affecting our team? Yes!

How does management right the listing ship? First let us understand the role of an Owner or better still, Penn Sport. The services they provide which may or may not be related to Manly but if they have built a company around Sporting Organisations I suggest “the skills” below need some polish (my comments in red)

“Penn Sport clients can access an impressive array of management skills including:

Marketing
Effective marketing and positioning of brand – Not really been effective to date at Manly

Sponsorship
All Team and on ground sponsorship, signage and creative sponsorship packages – Are we not losing our major sponsor for 2016?

Branding
Positioning your team/club to help generate a strong fan base, media coverage plus corporate sponsorship – Really? From what I see the fan base will soon be a “sit at home” bunch of non-members.

Website Development
Create a practical, cost effective and targeted website that delivers relevant and up-to-date information to promote/market your team/club – Out of date profiles and this clanger - http://www.seaeagles.com.au/team/coaching_staff.html

Public Relations
Ensuring players/coaches are properly trained to handle the media. Creating news, interviews and interest to secure media coverage – What about properly informed? Creating news? You sure have done that Mr Penn.

Lastly Mr Penn, I completely forgot about this my boy;

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/letter-by-darrell-williams-20130601-2nima.html

Under 6 months in with many years knowing the club and sport beforehand, your start to completely running our business is less than favourable.

Report Card – recommend performance improvement plan be put in place and re assessed in 3 months.

The role of our CEO should be to;

Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting Board's evaluation of chief executive. Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services

Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations

Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation

It sure seems you have missed the key items here, “supports” and “advising and informing”.

Report Card – recommend performance improvement plan be put in place and re assessed in 3 months.

Lastly, MWSE

About us;

Our team is comprised of passionate individuals with a combination of commercial, marketing, events and sport delivery expertise. Along with these skills, our people must be experienced in building and fostering lasting and valuable relationships.

Our Values
  • Have a can-do attitude
  • Be a team player
  • Act responsibly and with integrity
  • Respect people
  • Be adaptable to change
  • Be accountable for our actions
So much red, so little results. I realize injuries and just plain old missing heart are not helping our boys perform on the field but for me, this is the effect of your inept management and ownership.

You hold the money, you hold the power: FIX IT!

The writing is on the wall for the Penn clan, the time for talk is over the time for action is now! All of the things mentioned must be addressed as the health of our club is suffering. Come on team lift your game and get some professionalism into the club!

Just read that article by Darrell Williams. I realise it was nearly 2 years ago, but that's disgusting behavior by the Penns.

I love the club but with people like the Penns and Zorba in charge, I sympathise with Tooves having to tolerate people of their character.

Just read that article by Darrell Williams. I realise it was nearly 2 years ago, but that's disgusting behavior by the Penns.

I love the club but with people like the Penns and Zorba in charge, I sympathise with Tooves having to tolerate people of their character.
Personally I have no real opinion on the Penns but did not really see a lot in this story. Williams himself is no Saint by any stretch of the imagination

Re: the philosophy of Penn Health - it's all specious twaddle. Just like the ramblings that Uncle Peter writes for the local News Ltd product on the Northern Beaches.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8