What position needs filling the most

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
What position do people feel the Eagles need some quality in the most next year?
I think we need another big quailty centre to pair up with Bell.
We have fullback covered, move Alberts to the wing with Hicks.
Orford will look after whoever we put 5/8 with some half decent ball.
The back-row speaks for itself.
Front row....jury is still out but we have a number of solid toilers in Kite/ Hecks/ Dunley and hopefully a few others will get rid of their tiara's and lift their game.
Lets not forget Willo (Mr stop gap) who in my opinion is great off the bench. As much as some players would hate starting off the bench with interchange these days it is more like an impact position than a 12th man like senario like it used to be.
Thought's?

Oh, so this is on the field?

Yeah, a 5/8th with some legitimate creativity to provide a foil for Orford and Ballin.

Glen Lazarus at his peak as prop.

His record in winning premierships was unbelievable.

A good starting hooker, which hopefully will be Monas. Back row depth isn't great, especially with Harris going. I'd love a representative class prop with a bit of mongrel. Bell will help the centre situation, but we could do with a bit of spark out wide. Maybe Matai, Alberts and Steppa can ramp it up next year now they have a bit of experience. Allegedly there is some talent on the wings in the lower grades that might get a shot as well. 5/8 seems the obvious weak spot, but unfortunately they don't grow on trees.

Who are we losing next year....Harris, Donald and Hill (I assume) are definitely gone. Randall is most probably and Mattai and Steppa are still unsigned. If there is any truth to the persistent rumours surrounding Monas, than he too may be gone. So worst case we will be down 7 players.

agreed- we are probably a bit light on for back up forwards- Kevin Ward would be a god send, maybe we should start looking around pommie land for one.
What ever we do with the 5/8 position we need to pick one and stick with him atleast for a couple of weeks unlike the current debacle!

A 22 year old John O'Neill or Ian Roberts would be good for next year.

Is this Cuthbertson fella that everyone is ranting on about a backrower? If so, maybe Menzies to the centre and either he or Williamson into the 2nd row.

Goalkicker

Because then we dont ahve to worry about dropping witt next year if he still isnt cutting the mustard outside orford.

I would love to see Eric Grothe junior outside Alberts as well

and of coarse a prop that hits hard, Kite has become the honest toiler, rather than explosive metre maker that we bought him for.

Front row definitely. We badly need some go-forward. Agree with most of you, a hard head or two would be great. (That didn't sound too good, did it?) :lol2: :lol2:

Jamesie

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4