[Resurrected] What position did you / do you play ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What position did you / do you play ?

• Full Back

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Wing

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Centre

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Five Eight

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Half Back

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Lock

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Back Row

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Prop ~ Front Row

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Hooker

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deceptive runner who could step of both feet wanted to play 5/8 but our coach and PE teacher David Waite (former Aust rep Cronulla and Wests winger ) at Tempe high thought I was too much of a hog and put me on the wing :)

I was just a hole filler. And even then I was pretty crap at that.
:oops:

Claim to fame, played footy with Chris Ryan at Frenchs Forest Primary, probably in about 1980ish. He was our go to man. We won most games due to him and him alone. We did get beat by Forestville in the final after beating them all year.

North Coast boy born and bred. Played in heaps of rep teams. Captained Manly Cove Rebels in the early 2000's. Tried playing for Narraweena but they were a bunch of wankers.

Hooker, chosen to trial for Harold Matts at the faders and cut last. 3 years later i was broken and unable to play on like a lot of us no doubt.

Second Row/ Wing. Debuted with Forbes Magpies u10s somewhere in the backline. Enjoyed regularly belting cross town rivals Red Bend Catholic College. Played a few games for the Forbes High team that won the 1983 Buckley Shield (NSW CHS u/14).

As there was no state RL comp the following year, the same team entered and won the 1984 Buchan Shield - the CHS u/15 rugby comp (without any help from me I should add ). Pretty impressive really given none of them had played a game of rugby in their life before!

Played rugby at school and uni on the wing but stopped at 25. I had plenty of pace and scored a heap of tries but was too small to be any good.

Steelers 18's 1983 - Steelers 3rd grade 1984 - Steelers u23's 1985 - Steelers 21"s 1986 - Steelers Premier League 1992 - Lock & 2nd row - last game local comp (port) 1st grade 2003

Last edited:
I played at school, was an age grade provincial rep and also played local senior level. I was in the mold of a Manu Vatuvei and was a big unit with pace on the Wing. Solid finisher who had a eye for the line(not of the Titans kind) and was reasonably good under the high ball. I was also very versatile and played everywhere except in the halves and hoooker. Used to like doing unique try celebrations as well. I think winning comps with my school team and local team were the highlights of my career. I still remember scoring a length of the field try from a kick off in a local game which i will cherish forever. A major knee injury forced me to give the game away in my early 20s. All was not lost though as i was able to move into another sport in Powerlifting. However I have still followed the game and our Manly Sea Eagles team to this day. Being able to watch Peta play somewhat fufills a dream i had of once playing for Manly and the Kiwis. Cheers everyone and i have enjoyed reading all your posts as well.

I was in the RAAF at Wagga for the '67 and '69 winters and had a run for the base team both seasons.. Like the majority of respondents, I played wing, because I was fairly fast but vertically challenged. (damned short parents!)
My eighty minutes of fame was to play outside one Tommy Raudonikis in a game against Army in '69. I was 20 at the time and Tommy was probably 17. He was a (talented) smart arse then! Nothing has changed...

Last edited:
Carina, great ground. Do they still have the old stand? Lived 500m away from there.

No mate we had to demolish the old stand- got a bit rickety.

The leagues club built us a new stand .

Which street did you live in Riffraff?

Adelaide, Thorne?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4