What now for Snake & Skivvy?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We have 3 aging legends , one of them announced his retirement today.

Given Brett Stewart's ongoing hammy issues it would not surprise me to see him following the lead given by Jamie.

And ditto Skivvy, to be honest how he gets on the field week in week out amazes me.

Could we be seeing the end of not just one long career but indeed three??

Now that Jamie is retiring I wouldn't be surprised to see Brett leave too. He doesn't look himself this season and maybe his body has just about had enough. We have a very capable replacement already so we don't have to worry there.

I think if Turbo hadn't hurt himself that there was every chance Snake wasn't going to make it back into the team. He looks busted and has been going busted. I think Jamie knows he's off the pace and thats not going to get better, just worse. Matai is a beast, the only thing that will stop him from having another good year is injury or suspension.

We have 3 aging legends , one of them announced his retirement today.

Given Brett Stewart's ongoing hammy issues it would not surprise me to see him following the lead given by Jamie.

And ditto Skivvy, to be honest how he gets on the field week in week out amazes me.

Could we be seeing the end of not just one long career but indeed three??

Don't even want to think about it....too much to digest for one day mate!@:worried:@:worried:

From the shot of Snake in the dressing rooms with ice on his hammie, I would say I have never seen him look fitter or stronger.

I think his hesitancy is purely injury related.

capture-jpg.3550

From the shot of Snake in the dressing rooms with ice on his hammie, I would say I have never seen him look fitter or stronger.

I think his hesitancy is purely injury related.
He looks fit no doubt but I have a feeling the hamstrings are rooted , perhaps permanently , and I'm thinking this might also be his last year, only time will tell but I won't be surprised if this is announced shortly as well.

He looks fit no doubt but I have a feeling the hamstrings are rooted , perhaps permanently , and I'm thinking this might also be his last year, only time will tell but I won't be surprised if this is announced shortly as well.
Yeah that alone isn't a good indication. I'm in better shape than I've ever been but I know I've lost a step pace wise to my old self. The shape is just a result of cutting a lot of **** and how I work out. I also know chasing my old pace would be a waste of time...

I'd love to see all three of them reunite with Gift in the UK. I can see Snake and Skivvy doing it but I suspect the Killer will just go shootin'.
Now that it is confirmed Killer is gone next season I'd suggest we are in the market for a true 5/8 unless Api gets a crack (not opposed to this). If Skivvy goes, we need a new centre. If Snake goes, we need a new winger. If all three go it would free up a fair chunk of change for a top centre and solid winger. Maybe even a good young forward too!
It will be sad to see them all go but it will open up opportunities for the next group of Manly Champions!

Snake did look pretty lean in that dressing room footage. The game has changed, Snake needs more bulk to compete nowadays. His speed still holds up, but physically he's a bit weak, which is witnessed on his kick returns. But the Prince can do as he pleases. Play or retire???? His choice. I'm shocked when people mention retirement, with Skivvy. He is easily still up to NRL standard. A little slow, but as strong as any player in the comp. Makes big metres most weeks...STILL

Has Snake been playing at less than 100% just to help the team? Wouldn't surprise me one bit, if he was asked (or offered) to play early after the terrible start we had.
I think both Snake & Matai could do another year but it also wouldn't surprise if another of them pulled the pin.
I doubt the club would want all 3 to leave at once.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6