What motivated BK?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Simple question; why did Ben Kennedy play like a man possessed when he came to Manly?

At the time it was seen as a retirement signing and his last contract, other players such as Nate Myles and Willie Mason in similar scenarios have treated it as such.

What made BK so great; because we could really use a forward leader like that today!

Simple question; why did Ben Kennedy play like a man possessed when he came to Manly?

At the time it was seen as a retirement signing and his last contract, other players such as Nate Myles and Willie Mason in similar scenarios have treated it as such.

What made BK so great; because we could really use a forward leader like that today!
Don't know the answer but jeez he was great

Different player, different era

Maybe Flanno can get Dank to distill it into pill form, would be the greatest PED ever formulated.

BK was a Great Forward leader because he had that ruthless winning Attitude

Some people are born with that ruthless instinct and some can acquire it

Some people are more natural followers than leaders

BK was Born to Be a Wild and Winning Leader

Ben Kennedy Rugby Player Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty ...

Pride in your own performance and contribution to the end goal. He was a competitor

Remember how excited people got about the "$1 contract" for the GF in '08.

I had just started doing my supporter tours and Ben came as a guest ( would have been 2007 after he had retired ) to one of my very first supporter functions, the then membership manager interviewed him for the group and that question was asked.

It’s pretty simple really , he’d been discarded by his previous team and had a real point to prove ( that he was still a good player ).

He said he knew he could only do it for two years as his body was starting to fail but he said I’m going to give it my all for these two years.

He was also hugely impressed with the quality of the young forwards coming through so felt he could really offer them something.

We all know who those forwards were , and he certainly did offer them something !!

RL Guru did a recent podcast on what former player would you bring back to each NRL team. As many great players as we have had I couldn't go past BK as the player that would be most valuable to the current squad.
Maybe we can bring him back as a consultant /coach of our soft forward pack that earned the flat track bullies naming rights

Our pack needs an attitude change . They have the ability but lack the Attitude and a enforcer leader on the field .

BK is qualified to establish which one or ones are capable of being transformed into enforcers roles that can become the top dog in vicious pack

Last edited:
Pride in your own performance and contribution to the end goal. He was a competitor
Pride is only part of it .
Pride in your own performance must be backed up with Resilience , and a Ruthless never say die Attitude to win.

Ruthless is the key word here
Ruthless is a Mean Mother Fckers Middle name
Meaning ...
Merciless
Cold blooded
Unrelenting

Grand final packs are intimidating feared packs
Nothing fearful about our 2022 pack
We need a change of Attitude !!!

He was also hugely impressed with the quality of the young forwards coming through so felt he could really offer them something.

!
Great story and thank you for sharing

We do have some quality forwards with potential just as we had in the BK years

All we need is some one that is capable of instilling the right attitude that is needed for them to excel into intimidating warriors

Anthony Seibold - A new beginning at Manly | Sea Eagles

A few players are born with that incredible insatiable need to win! I wish all of them had it.

One of my absolute favs he had such an impact in such a short time.

Thanks for the story @Mark from Brisbane
I always saw someone who really really really wanted to win.
Then I wonder about all the other players who just make up the numbers and I just don't get it. They've worked their bums off to make the NRL and then they're not fussed whether they win or lose? It's a job. What's that? Surely winning makes for a happier week/year/life?

Thanks for the story @Mark from Brisbane
I always saw someone who really really really wanted to win.
Then I wonder about all the other players who just make up the numbers and I just don't get it. They've worked their bums off to make the NRL and then they're not fussed whether they win or lose? It's a job. What's that? Surely winning makes for a happier week/year/life?
Yep. I never ever understand how players can justify their cra*py performance by simply saying - "ahhhh, we just didn't show up!" Really!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4