What it means to be a Manly supporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Yesterday I walked through the corso and saw all the shops decked out in maroon and white and it got me thinking about what it means to be a Manly supporter.

I am one of the lucky ones, my family moved to Narrabeen and later Avalon in the mid 1970's at a time when Manly dominated the competition. As an impressionable kid, my dad took me to Brooky for the first time and I was immediately struck by the aura that the place had.

I remember my first heroes, Graham Eadie, Terry Randall, Max Krillich as they and the 1976 team swept to victory at the expense of hated rival Parra.

A couple of years on I saw most of the games in the 78 season and my love was sealed forever for this beautiful club.

I forged friendships back in the 70s that have lasted to the current day. There is nothing better than going to Brooky and just seeing those people, now with their own kids, carrying on the tradition.

This club is like an extended family for me, the ups the downs, the horrible northern eagles time which is the source of our current success.

The never say die attitude that is so evident in this team.

A team that plays with flair, always trys to play hard and attractive football.

The Brookvale crowd that intimidates opposition teams and drives our team on.

Manly are my first love and watching a game now gives me just as much a buzz as it did when I first went to Brooky.

This current team is so special and has achieved its own history.

I am so greatful that I have had the pleasure to see it.

There used to be a sign that ran along the hill fence at Brooky in the 70s

MIGHTY MANLY WARRINGAH!! , that to me is the best words to describe it all.

Go MANLY!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6