What is the lowest we have finished on the ladder to win the comp?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

juzzy83

I know the amount of teams in the finals has changed a lot but i was just wondering have we won the comp from 4th or lower before?

Minor Premiers in 72, 73, 76, 87, and 96

Second in 08 and 11

Third in 78

juzzy83 said:
I know the amount of teams in the finals has changed a lot but i was just wondering have we won the comp from 4th or lower before?

Good pick up! From 4th or 5th will be the lowest place Manly has been to win a grand final from.

juzzy83 said:

I'm not worried about where we finish after this round, whether it is 5th, 4th or 3rd.

The momentum and confidence of this team is up there with other premiership seasons, so once the real comp starts, I've got no doubt we'll be up for all the games during the finals series.

If it is Manly v Dogs in the first round I think the winner will win the comp (after having week 2 off to recover), and the loser will struggle to back up in week 2 after a tough match.

4th, beat bulldogs then a week off would be better than 5th where you have to play that extra game and risk injury, suspension or a dud call from a moron in pink. The less games we play the better.

Hmm I've never thought of the possibilities if we meet Melbourne. We win, we don't meet Bulldogs until GF. We lose, we are destined to meet them in the prelims...Not sure what I would rather: us in the GF playing the dogs, or us in the GF with no Dogs ;)

MadMarcus said:
If it is Manly v Dogs in the first round I think the winner will win the comp (after having week 2 off to recover), and the loser will struggle to back up in week 2 after a tough match.

Yep. It will be a big bash up, backing up will be tricky. Week off be luxury.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2