What is it about animals...?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Who

Journey Man
I need some guidance here:
When Ricky Stuart branded an opposition player a "Dog" he coped it. I thought dogs were a man's best friend.
Now a player is coping it for branding a player a "monkey". I've checked, and humans are not descended from monkeys or any living primates so doesn't that just makes Leniu simply uneducated about evolution.
From time to time my wife calls me an "old goat". She's right about the ageist comment but I certainly don't eat everything in sight.
Then I got to thinking about our greatest every off spinner. Poor Nathan. Not only has he had to live with an animal surname all his life but he is routinely called a "Goat".

Did this need a new thread?

There is a significant historical context calling a person of colour a monkey/ape/gorilla to dehumanise them.

Maybe do a quick google, plenty of articles on the topic.

Did this need a new thread?

There is a significant historical context calling a person of colour a monkey/ape/gorilla to dehumanise them.

Maybe do a quick google, plenty of articles on the topic.
1. I did Google it and I quote: humans are not descended for monkeys or any primates living today.
2. Lighten up, or perhaps use Google yourself to determine the difference between "banter' and "racism".

I often wonder how many names Ian Roberts was called when he was playing albeit, I doubt many were game to.

I abhor racism, however, there’s all sorts of banter on the field, which I am sure those who have played at the highest level can attest to, and lots of name calling, which was just ‘brushed off’.

I am not in any way condoning what Spencer Lenui allegedly said to Mam and I respect Mam being offended, however, I think the game has to have very clear guidelines about what is acceptable and what is not acceptable, as heaps of ‘trash’ talk always happens on the field.

Does the NRL just impose a rule that any offensive slurs, no matter how trivial, will not be accepted?

I’m old school, and as far as I am concerned what happens or is said on the field, stays on the field, and if you are offended by it, take it up with me after the game and let me apologise and buy you a beer. Well, at least that’s what we used to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8