What If Tafua moved from wing to Centre?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jorge is not a centre IMO
Speaking of centers
How good were our last premiership dynamic duo of Lyon and Matai
The benchmark of premiership winning success
Ah those where the days bozo seems like a lifetime away. So much class choc, snake, gifty, matai and killer what a team

Jorge was actually a centre in his junior days so its not like he has never played there before. He just hasn't done so for about 8 or 9 years now. However, he has trouble defending on the wing, can you imagine him trying to defend in the centres?

Well ... when our centres used to actually get the ball occasionally .... and a big part of their job description was to be creative and set up their wingers ..... I would scream a huge .. "are you fikken kidding" ....

however ... now that it appears that centres are just used as cannon fodder to bring the play out of our 20m zone ... why not ... could put anybody there ...won't make a difference ... our 2nd rowers are under strict instructions not to pass the ball to them ..

Well ... when our centres used to actually get the ball occasionally .... and a big part of their job description was to be creative and set up their wingers ..... I would scream a huge .. "are you fikken kidding" ....

however ... now that it appears that centres are just used as cannon fodder to bring the play out of our 20m zone ... why not ... could put anybody there ...won't make a difference ... our 2nd rowers are under strict instructions not to pass the ball to them ..
I wonder when it will click that the current format of the game requires pace in the backline to score tries.

I wonder when it will click that the current format of the game requires pace in the backline to score tries.

Either very good pace ... or very powerful from 10m out ... (tall and good at leaping and taking an attacking kick is an add on, winger still needs to be one or the other) .. both styles are relevant in the modern game .... unless the pace is exceptional like Ado Carr, I think most coaches are opting for powerful, as taking the hit ups from inside your own 20m and starting a set off well is becoming critical for field position .... and then occasionally a Fijian winger turns up with both attributes and is worth his weight in rocking horse poop ...

But each style requires a different type of lead up attack ... early ball on a deep bacline for the pace man ... so he has room to get around his man .... and a flatter more direct approach to the power man 10m out at pace ...

We have one pace, Garrick, ... and one powerful, Jorge ... but I have difficulty discerning any difference in the setting up of back line plays to accommodate their different strengths ...

A quick look at the number of tries scored by wingers this year reveals they have scored 268 .... (not all those against Jorge) ... we are well below the average ... and I don't blame our wingers

PSS ... I am just wondering .. during training runs .. do Suli and Parker just run up and down the paddock with their hands in their pockets whilst Siro and Thommo ignore them like they do in games ?? ..

as gus would say

no no no no no

he has to be given the sack, he is useless now sadly ,the game has gone past him.

i love him as a player but he can't keep going on the way he has been.

I've always thought we should call our Centre of Excellence Lyon and Matai.
"The Lyon Matai Centre of Excellence"
Very appropriate for 2 of the best centres to have worn the maroon and white. Killer and Shoulders gave everything they had, blood, sweat and tears everytime they stepped onto the field. I hope Penn gives them the recognition they deserve by naming it after them.

"The Lyon Matai Centre of Excellence"
Very appropriate for 2 of the best centres to have worn the maroon and white. Killer and Shoulders gave everything they had, blood, sweat and tears everytime they stepped onto the field. I hope Penn gives them the recognition they deserve by naming it after them.
Unlikely. More likely to be named after some council or local member. The Abbott center@:D:envy:

Why does Jake stand in our backline when we are shifting the ball out back.? That's what has been confusing me of late.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4