What has ST become?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As supporter I am jaded by the club's lack of success during most seasons over the last decade. It's hard to adjust after losing the financial clout we had when Mr Packer senior was our benefactor. Sadly his son is a Roosters supporter.

I did not enjoy the dysfunctional disharmony in the organisation of the club between the owner, employees and the coaches during 2012 and 2021. It was damaging to say the least.

During our heyday we had very solid squads with plenty of x factor thrown in. We now are paupers compared to Brisbane, the Roosters, Melbourne, Penrith. Some very silly decisions were made over the last decade in the appointment of coaches, retention of players and recruitment of players. But there have been some diamonds that have come through and I am hoping we are now on an upward trajectory. So far Mestrov has done a good job. Seibold is facing his watershed season with us this season and it will define the rest of his coaching career. I hope he enjoys success. We really need a coach that can bring out the best in the players and we need this squad to want to play for one another. Key players living out of the Northern beaches does not make sense to me.

IMO the balance of the player roster is better this year. The team needs to be super fit, play disciplined smart footy and not play trick shots all over the field early in tackle counts when our pack is gassed from tackling. We need to respect the football because we can't win without it. I am choosing to be optimistic as I am tired of the alternative.

Half glass full?

You know I honestly could not tell you where Elliott, Tafua, Funa, GoJetSki or Perrett are - which probably says something about their level… Turbo, DCE, AFB and Api are superstars to get that team close to winning anything…

Suli is as bad at StMerge as he was here, I believe Williams is retired, Tapau may as well be retired and Fainu quit the NRL and had a stab at something else…
Hilarious FS, just on the Fainu's, didn't want to put this post on to the already Massive Manase thread, but, it's going to feel strange not having anymore Fainu's left for 2024. Gone are the $1000 a week train and trial cash that went on for nearly 3yrs while Manase was on NRL stand down. All the candlelight/cigarette lighter vigils for Manase, it's all gone, together with Des who was a regular visitor, Des, now getting a tan on the GC these days. Maybe Scotty F and Benji can take up the slack from Des now, just a thought. Latu, who signs a 16yr old on on 3yr contract for 900k just stupid crazy money, juniors get picked off all the time. Sam, as good as he is, he's got a short fuse and you just know it could be trouble down the road eventually. Sione, well, he'll never make 1st grade tbh. Yep, having the Fainu's for all those years was like supporting a crooked charity...it's all over..

Hilarious FS, just on the Fainu's, didn't want to put this post on to the already Massive Manase thread, but, it's going to feel strange not having anymore Fainu's left for 2024. Gone are the $1000 a week train and trial cash that went on for nearly 3yrs while Manase was on NRL stand down. All the candlelight/cigarette lighter vigils for Manase, it's all gone, together with Des who was a regular visitor, Des, now getting a tan on the GC these days. Maybe Scotty F and Benji can take up the slack from Des now, just a thought. Latu, who signs a 16yr old on on 3yr contract for 900k just stupid crazy money, juniors get picked off all the time. Sam, as good as he is, he's got a short fuse and you just know it could be trouble down the road eventually. Sione, well, he'll never make 1st grade tbh. Yep, having the Fainu's for all those years was like supporting a crooked charity...it's all over..
There ought to be an investigation…

It has become home for too many "Tragics" !!
Thanks again @Dan
So Long Cheers GIF by My Chemical Romance

I hope ST never lowers our Legendary clubs Great Manly Premiership Winning Standards
and accepts and celebrates and honors Manly Mediocrity

The first page of the rugby league forum has threads titled “Matt Lodge”, “Michael Ennis” and “Curtis Scott”…. and then you have the thread hoping Luke Brooks is the answer to our woes…

Three of those infamous “stars” are at our club already and the fourth is suggested as a recruitment option…

Two years ago you would have been ostracised from the forum for suggesting it would come to this… 🥲
Fair enough but you omitted one 'minor detail'...it's the off-season, lol. Consequently, there's little to discuss.
If the forum's first page had these threads during a normal season, then it would sure be a sad state of affairs...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8