What has Monaghan done for the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I keep hearing this poppycock that Moanas has done so much for the club. Nonsense - the place is being turned around off the back of blokes like Kite and Kennedy et al.

What has Manly done for Moanaghan?

Remember when we signed him all the bleating from Daddy about how he didn't want to leave Canberra and how he'd been stiffed? And now we're hearing the same crap 18 months later? The Monaghan must have Public Service careers in spin doctoring!

The reality is we took a punt on a bloke who was 23 and couldn't hold down a position in the top grade. We gave him confidence in his abilities, surrounded him with half back experts legends like Hasler and toovey and invested in him.

We gave him an opportunity at captaincy where most clubs wouldn't and we gave him oodles of time to establish himself where Canberra hadn't. Then we offered him $240k per season for three years and that wasn't on a par with what he could get in England apparently?

So much for loyalty. Where would Monaghan be without Manly? Probably with Cooma in the Monaro Cup.

Utter rubish. Talk about spin!

If this is true he should be sacked, not only as a player but as a captain, not at the end of the season but now. If you agree with that crap posted by Matable then you would have to agree Monaghan should be in PL next week. Bring in Jye Mullane eh Mata? There's a player who has done plenty for the club!! :roll:

I agree he should be sacked. He's the one out there sinking the boot into an amployer paying him a six figure salary.

If that means Mullane in the 6, then so be it. At least he's not out there bagging us.

I don't often agree with some of the stuff you post, but on this occassion you are spot on. The hysteria over this whole Monas situation is laughable, an outsider would think he was a local junior who had played 200 games for the club with the amount of "loyalty" calls been thrown around here. He is a solid footballer who was given an opportunity here, and to his credit made a reasonable fist of it. Let's not forget that he was paid for his services along the way.

To claim that he is the single reason we have turned our fortunes around is an insult to the BK's, Choc, Beaver, Dessie, and the rest of the club, on field and off.

If he goes, so be it. I'm sure there is a plan in action, and he may or may not be part of it.

More BS Mata, Moanas didn't ask for extra dollars. Dont let the facts get in the way of a good story hey champ?

this is the biggest pile of rubbish i have ever read Mata.

Im sorry mate. I respect your opinion but this post is absolute rubbish and shows how much you dont like Monaghan. Its a complete bias piece of crap.

Id love Monas to be away for 1 game and we see how we go. You think Bk is going to be doing the kicking game do you?

You need to watch more football rather than your keyboard.

C&C he is the captain but hey dont worry about that.

monas record as captain played 20, won 15

yeah he has nothing to do with our club turning it around

What has Heckenberg done for the club.. dare i say we should let him go or Mata might have a fit.

I didn't say that he hadn't contributed to our improvement. I was simply pointing out that he is not single handedly responsible for it. Which is the impression you might get from some of the rubbish that has been posted on here over the last few days. Sure he is a solid enough player but I can assure you that if Des thought he was the key to us continuing our rise that he would have been signed sealed and delivered by now.

I hope we can find a place for him but if we don't I won't be losing any sleep over it. We can always get Jason Ferris back, he was another passionate half back who really put in for Manly, and in some quarters was hard done by when he was cut.

Ferris had about the same ability too. Not a bad option really. Cheaper too.

I can assure Kaza that I would not be hysterical (as some fans have been) if Heckenberg was shown the door. In fact, it will probably come to that as we need an additional prop of class.

If Hecks has to go for a player of the Bailey type, so be it.

Ferris had about the same ability too. Not a bad option really. Cheaper too.

I can assure Kaza that I would not be hysterical (as some fans have been) if Heckenberg was shown the door. In fact, it will probably come to that as we need an additional prop of class.

If Hecks has to go for a player of the Bailey type, so be it.

omg wow where do you find these comments mate? lol

Ferris? Tell me your joking please. His kicking game was not even half as good as Monas. Monas always finds space with his long kicking. His short is usually good but of late it hasnt been great.

Lets not forget that hes been bothered by a arm injury of late too.

Monas has run this side very well. The backrowers are doing excellent but they havent set up all the tries have they. IMO Monas BK Choc Beaver are the ones mainly responsible for our rise to the top.

I'm joking about Ferris, especially as he's been out of the game for a while. We might as well get Paul Green.

But I do disagree that Monas "runs" the side well. He has a good long kicking game and defends well, but his short kicking game is deficient, as is his choice of options sometimes and he doesn't direct the play or players very much.

this is the type of hysterical thread that the club doesnt need, starting from the inflamotory title! as i suggested somewhere else, take a chill pill peoples

This time last year we were stone cold motherless last. Monaghan was injured and missed a lot of the season. Upon his return he became captain and we won 5 out of 8 games. This year we have won all but three. That is team based - not just Mona but our fortunes did change when he became captain.

I am not saying he is Andrew Johns but he deserves credit as a leader. I am not arguing either for his retention but he has nothing wrong except differ in opinion as to his worth for a contract next year. He has put in, led the team well and certainly shows passion and commitment to the club.

My beef is not in decisions but that this is being debated on he front pages of the papers. Other clubs are in the same situation but the issue is remaining in the board room.

We don't look good and the old fashioned qualities of loyalty and team seem to have been lost in the process.

I am sure there is a lot more to this matter than meets the eye but it doesn't reflect well on Manly. If I was Monas I would be gutted too!!

[quote author=Fluffy]

I didn't say that he hadn't contributed to our improvement. I was simply pointing out that he is not single handedly responsible for it. Which is the impression you might get from some of the rubbish that has been posted on here over the last few days. Sure he is a solid enough player but I can assure you that if Des thought he was the key to us continuing our rise that he would have been signed sealed and delivered by now.

I hope we can find a place for him but if we don't I won't be losing any sleep over it. We can always get Jason Ferris back, he was another passionate half back who really put in for Manly, and in some quarters was hard done by when he was cut.
[/quote]

didnt sound like that when you were agreeing he should be sacked.

When did I agree he should be sacked ????

EDIT

Don't worry I just figured it out. When I said I agreed with Mata I was talking about his original post that started the thread, not the one immediately above my reply in which he said that Monas should be sacked. For the record let me confirm my stance here. I don't think he should be sacked, however I don't think he should be resigned at any cost. His contribution to date, whilst solid, doesn't warrant the hysteria it has generated. I have faith that the club are doing what is in the clubs best interests, if that means Monaghan has to go than so be it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4