what has impressed me this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
Trent Barrett has brought some of his Penrith gang with him, Fulton has brought in changes to the squad and plenty of last years faithful have been told to go. We expected that there would be players banished to the reserves and never to be seen again which was evident at round 1.
What has impressed me was from that disaster of round 1, Barrett is not playing favourites and does not have an axe to grind. The promotion of Lawrence and Starling for Round 2, Mateo and Symonds for round 3. Moved Brown to the bench, sending Lussick to the reserves, is showing me that he is not playing favourites and could very well be his own man.

He is certainly adopting our tradition backs to the wall PR campaigning. He has done well giving some reserves a shot including Williame and Vave early. Our depth is better for it. There seems to be a bit more of a squad mentality this year.

Player management looks pretty good. A willingness to rotate and rest, blooding and being confident in our less experienced players is helping out depth.

That individual players have improved is a good sign. Vave dropping weight seemed to mention he had Mateo were both doing the hard yards over Xmas. Barrett seems to have done well so far with the plodders and has them fitter then they have been for a long time. Mateo really has been our most influential player during our last 2 wins.

Lawrence is looking amazing.

Let's hope this weekend we see even more healthy signs with the attitude of our players, and this defence of ours which is often talked about.

Agree mate

Baz mentioned more than once during the Pre season that it will require players from outdidevthebtop 17 & he believed in looking at rotation to help out some of the veterans

For mine, I think he will continue to adopt this tactic to ensure all of our squad will be able to slot in if required without major disruption to our style of play

All this plus the feeling that the Manly steely fabric is at the base of it all. Feels good.

I've been most impressed by Dylan walker he has been thrust into 5/8 after 3 seasons in the outside backs and is doing a terrific job. His ball playing and kicking need some work but there are great signs like his short kicking game and he doesn't seem scared by the big poppers and doesn't mind taking them on obviously resulting in 2 tries this season for him. His defence isn't pretty but he is a 5/8 and halves aren't praised for they're defence its they're attack that makes them special player and hopefully he can lead us to a big win tonight against old club leading us round the park. Here my rating for our signing so far:

Walker-9
Taupau-8
Parcell-8
Myles-6
Brown-5
Barret-8

Oh and the side is starting to feel like manly again that spirit from the youngsters like the turbos, walker Parcell they all are playing really well but you can see that they are trying 110%

I've been impressed by the media manager, not Couzo ( he's just there to film the interviews) , 6 months of positive stories, outstanding work ZtH.

but but but you've been telling us to watch out...it's just a charm offensive?!?!?!

now what do I believe?

do you now.....love big brother?

Couldn't you see through my "veiled" comments?

no, missed it sorry :(

dunce.gif

The missus has impressed me this year.................................good , she's out of the room now......F**king nazi.............time to go to the music thread>>>>>>>>>>>

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4