What happened?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I went out the back o' Bourke so I wouldn't have to endure the shellacking the Rorters and their overpriced team were going to hand out to us.

I come back and we've won?

WTF?????

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:

A few players including some of those more maligned stood up and had a dig.

The first 10 minutes were poor as usual with dropped ball in our own 20, attempting senseless offloads but after that we beat the Rorters in the middle of the field.

Believe it or not Matai had his best game for Manly (but managed to drop the ball with the line open still), Orford fired and the big four of Kennedy, Kite, Beaver and Watmough were huge.

Still areas to work on but it was a step in the right direction.

Burns had a fairly quiet game in my opinion. Decided to run rather than pass to his outside backs most of the time, but hey, it paid off :p

Plus, according to nrl.com, King only had the 7 hit-ups. Of course, that's more than usual, but it'd be interesting to see more in-depth stats.

Des can be quoted saying Kite and King laid the platform.

I gave him a wrap for an improved game but Im not sure it was that good.

does it count as a hit up in a players stats when a front rower takes it up from the kick off?

does it count as a hit up in a players stats when a front rower takes it up from the kick off?
Probably and if so that's where he gets most of his metres. To be fair King had one of his better games though I thought that Bryant, Cuthbo and Bryant had more of an impact. He did show greater speed and mobility, did a big hit or too and even nearly broke a tackle at one stage.

Based on the stats off nrl.com bryant was our pest prop by a long way with 14 hitups.

He has been a real find for us since we poached him from canberra PL - we are very lucky that we can plug the gap from Hecks leaving

Yes, I have been camping the last two Saturday nights and we've won - so I might have to make a habit of it.

I gather Kite had a game to behold? About bloody time.

Let us not forget one thing though - the greatest weakness in the Rorters side is their up front grunt. Let's see how the princess goes against the Maori Gorillas this weekend hey?

I thought Bryant was excellent. Made some big hits and some very tough metres. They showed Dessie talking to him in the sheds at half-time on Fox. Looks like he was sent out on a mission, which he duly accomplished.
The whole pack played well and really got on top of the Roosters. By the end of the game they had nothing left. Great to see.

Great WIN!!! :dance: :dance:

Standouts were BK, I thought menzies had an absolute blinder... the hits he was pulling off is what swung the game for us i reckon!! That hit with him and bryant was massive... can anyone remember the player?? That along with bryants on todd miller have to be contenders for hit of the year!!

Everyone had a pretty good game i thought.. backrow was on fire.... orford had his best game so far... things are starting to click!

Two weeks and we'll be firing on all cylinders i reckon!!

GO MANLY!

no, that's a kick return.

hit up is taking the ball up either 1 or 2 passes from dummy half without passing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2