What happened to DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
After the game against the Broncos last year when we got flogged he has gone quiet and has been playing crap. This isn't like my last thread where I bagged DCE and called for him to be dropped lol. Nah this time around I honestly want to find out what has happened to our future Aussie captain. He use to be one of the best players in the game at one point he was the best halfback in the comp back in 2014. He has just become a Trent hodkinson (not playing bad but also at the same time not playing good). He use to get try assist regularly, this year he has one and same might say it wasn't really a try assist. Even in origin last year he didn't play bad at all he was just quiet, in fact he played quiet well in that origin game he got a try assist, a line break, 2 line break assist, 44 meters and 27 tackles. But surely he will turn around his form at some point I mean he can't honestly believe he is earning his price tag. I want DCE back not this bloke that is coping it every time he makes a minor error he doesn't deserve all this crap. Anyone have any theories why DCE has gone from a great player to an average player?

After the game against the Broncos last year when we got flogged he has gone quiet and has been playing crap. This isn't like my last thread where I bagged DCE and called for him to be dropped lol. Nah this time around I honestly want to find out what has happened to our future Aussie captain. He use to be one of the best players in the game at one point he was the best halfback in the comp back in 2014. He has just become a Trent hodkinson (not playing bad but also at the same time not playing good). He use to get try assist regularly, this year he has one and same might say it wasn't really a try assist. Even in origin last year he didn't play bad at all he was just quiet, in fact he played quiet well in that origin game he got a try assist, a line break, 2 line break assist, 44 meters and 27 tackles. But surely he will turn around his form at some point I mean he can't honestly believe he is earning his price tag. I want DCE back not this bloke that is coping it every time he makes a minor error he doesn't deserve all this crap. Anyone have any theories why DCE has gone from a great player to an average player?
Classy. Laying the boot in whole the blokes injuried.

The problem was that he had to make too many hitups and too many tackles because our forward pack wasn't cutting it for a lot in the first four weeks, and that made him really tired which impacted his attack. Look at the Sharks game, when our forward pack actually decided to play to their potential. He played a lot better and was robbed of a try assist. If a side isn't gelling, there isn't much a halfback can do, and it is obvious he is trying his ass off. I don't think any other half in the game has made as many tackles as he has in the first few weeks.

We saw on Thursday how **** all of our last tackle options were without him. I have no doubt in my mind if he played that game, where our pack actually dominated the Rabbitoh's that he would have blown them out of the water and put on a great performance.

*Played plenty injured in 2015
*Feels an obligation to play even when injured due to expectation.
*Last season struggled in the middle & like any halves, hard to play off the back of poor go forward.
*Has been targeted heavily by the opposition, running traffic his way to nullify his attack.
*In 2016, like any team with so much change including structures...takes time...give it till mid season & will know his role far clearer & importantly, so will his team mates.
*Been far from terrible, simply not up to the lofty expectations set by media & certain so called fans.

I recall when DCE was killing it in the 2013 finals I remember thinking that if he ever got leg injuries it would severely affect his game. His bounce off his legs, sidesteps and explosive speed off the mark requires everything to be working 100%.
He started to get a few leg injuries from mid 2014, and I have noticed a decline in that bounciness since then. While he is still a long kicker, and still able to run the lines, he just doesn't have the bounce and weave to open them up any more.
That's my theory anyway...
But I still believe he has a tremendous heart and gives his all, just not sure if we will see the dominant DCE again. We will see I guess.

1.Almost every NRL game DCE has played he has had Matt Ballin passing the crispest ball straight onto DCEs chest. When you play that much with someone they know where you are going to be before you know yourself sometimes.
This would be a hard adjustment for any player.

2. Toovey not in his ear would be a big change. He has been around DCE his whole first grade carrer either as coach or assistant. Reassuring words from a past Austalian halfback would have to do you some good to your game. Maybe not having him there is playing with his mind.

3. Playing a roaming roll instead of the right hand side of the field. I'm sure this will work in the end, but for now it looks disjointed with runners getting in the way on attacking raids.

4. He is just out of form. It does happen to the best of players. It even happened to Cliffy (God).

5. It's because some people that should be supporting him at the moment (even Manly fans) are laying in the boot.

Rumor has it that it was the yellow jersey in the marvel series that affected our players... Playing in yellow is bound to make you inferior to what you were before. But it does wear off after a while...

So that's the problem with the Wallabies :p

Rumor has it that it was the yellow jersey in the marvel series that affected our players... Playing in yellow is bound to make you inferior to what you were before. But it does wear off after a while...
Wasn't that a stroke of marketing genius....NOT!

Matt Ballin's crisp balls, what games were you watching? Fact remains, there's no more foz, nowhere to hide. He needs to learn to be consistent & not put in miraculous performances every 6-8 wks, like he's done thus far in his career.

4. He is just out of form. It does happen to the best of players. It even happened to Cliffy (God).

You made a sound argument until this sacrilegious drivel.
As penance, I recommend a dozen four n twenty pies (cold) and two cartons of winnie blues - lest your loins produce nothing but Eels supporters.

The problem was that he had to make too many hitups and too many tackles because our forward pack wasn't cutting it for a lot in the first four weeks, and that made him really tired which impacted his attack. Look at the Sharks game, when our forward pack actually decided to play to their potential. He played a lot better and was robbed of a try assist. If a side isn't gelling, there isn't much a halfback can do, and it is obvious he is trying his ass off. I don't think any other half in the game has made as many tackles as he has in the first few weeks.

We saw on Thursday how **** all of our last tackle options were without him. I have no doubt in my mind if he played that game, where our pack actually dominated the Rabbitoh's that he would have blown them out of the water and put on a great performance.
Yes mate even the great cliffy lyons looked average when our forwards were busted .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4